Draiks vs. Krawks

Novelista

It's funny how fast I snapped up a draik once I decided I was remotely interested in one. I think he looks very nice painted shadow. (I think that's my favorite brush...it's the one I always go to. I like eventide, but the color distribution looks good on so few pets.)

For some reason, I've decided that if I ever get more sides, I want certain pets for those sides, just because. So I spent yesterday looking through the pets I used to have and like, but don't have anymore (lupe and lutari come to mind) and comparing all the different colors. I have one more space on my current side and three slots on my main, but I really want to restrict main to my primary pet and my zapper.

I really like both pets, I really had to debate back and fourth before deciding on a Draik, which I had wanted for a while, not because of the status but because I think they are really cute, and I have a thing for flying. I really love my shadow Draik.

except for the awesome super amazing one of a kind UC Tyrannian Krawk .. but getting one is nearly impossible now ... so ... moving on ...

Totally this! They're my absolute favourite, but so unattainable. :(
I don't care too much for draiks and krawks in general, but I agree with everyone else that draiks seem to be more of a status symbol and tend to be easier to customize. For me, it just depends on the colour - for example, I love maraquan draiks and camouflage krawks.

Neither. I think both are overrated. Most people only want one because they're seen as a status symbol, however there are some out there who actually like either species because they're their favorite, or they're easy to customise (I'll admit Draiks are good pets for customising).

I honestly don't care for either.
Krawks often have a mean look to them, although I have seen some very well customized samples. As for Draiks, I don't know, there's nothing about them that makes me want to have one.

I actually think it's the whole status-thing that throws me off. You should get a pet that really spikes your interest, not just because it's rare or hard to come by.
Not in a million years would I trade one of my pets for a Krawk or Draik.

• 2 weeks later...

Draiks. I remember when they came out eons ago and wanted one. But I think I settled for a baby Shoyru after a while and then gave up on Neopets. Now that I'm back (for now), I want to fulfill my nerdy preteen dream of getting a Draik. Even if it's the free one from the Forgotten Shore.

(nip) Even if it's the free one from the Forgotten Shore.

Nothing wrong with that. As you may have noticed earlier in the thread, I ended up investing in a pirate draik. (That's cheapest.) I crosspainted him shadow, because I liked him better that way, but I ended up liking a couple of the clothing items, too.

I keep sending him to my side, because I don't want more than one or two pets at a time (preferably my main and my zapper--the latter of which I don't have at the moment), but I like him in a couple of his pirate clothes and the desert wings. (In fact, I may have to invest in a second pair of wings if I decide not to crosspaint my desert kacheek!) If I send him back, I have to be mugu sure, because my main only gets one transfer a month (it's younger than my side) and I've already used it!