I can't view maps.

aleighball

Hi guys!!!

I seem to be having a problem on the site. Until a few days ago I could view anything and everything. But now, I can't see any shop maps or the explore map. I haven't spent too much time exploring the site to see what else I have a problem with, I don't want to chance messing anything up. I uninstalled and reinstalled my Java Flash player. So I now have Java 7, but it didn't help any. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

There are a couple of things it could possibly be, depending on your browser. Top two things that are usually the problem are Flash and the browser cache. Make sure your flash is updated and enabled on your browser. If so, try clearing your cache.

If it's still not working, double check any browser extensions and plugins to make sure nothing is blocking flash or images from displaying. Start by disabling any you might have installed since the last time you could view maps properly. Disable them one by one, checking the map in between each one. If the maps start displaying after disabling a certain extension, you'll know it's the one that's causing the problem and you can either uninstall it or (depending on the options of the plugin), disable it from running on the neopets.com domain.

How do I clear my cache? Sorry, I am not a techie person by any means. And was installing Java 7 (latest version) not the right flash player? I use internet explorer and have never before had a problem with it.

I do believe the problem is fixed. Thank you for the assistance!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 5 years later...

Hello, I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 7 Dell laptop and have been experiencing times where maps will and will not load; at all instances I will go through my entire compendium of Chrome settings, checking them and altering as needed, but despite my efforts there will come a point where neopets will stop loading maps and I'll just give up on playing it for a long time. 

Now I thought the problem was with my Chrome flash settings as it will not allow me to add sites for some reason, but I got Neopets to work originally without tampering with flash settings, so I constantly clear my cache to see if that will prompt success, which it does not. I'm at a complete loss here on why this particular flash-based game doesn't remain consistent with my google settings because I can get other programs like Rinmaru Games, Doll Divine, Fallen Sword, et cetera to work just fine, but for nostalgia I'd really like to just to be able to access neopets, because there will come a time when eventually I'll want my kids to play this.