Can't Login?

mogglin1

Four or five days ago, I was on Neopets, not doing anything really, just getting avatars and such (using TDN's list). I was logged off after getting onto a page, and figured it was just a glitch or something, but then I couldn't log back on. Every time I tried I was booted back to the homepage. I figured the servers were down and would be up the next day. But they weren't.

I figured I would take matters into my own hands and try to talk to TNT. Two emails and three days later, no response. I googled my problem and found a few solutions that had worked for other people. I uninstalled chrome, and then reinstalled it. I cleared my cookies using CCleaner. I installed Firefox, hoping to use that. It did the same thing chrome was doing, booting me back to the home page. I tried logging in on Internet Explorer, and that worked.

I tried to log in again, and noticed that Neopets was being prevented from setting cookies, even though it says "Always allow www.neopets.com to set cookies." It says the same thing about this site. In fact, all the sites I'm visiting are like this.

So, I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

You say you accept the cookies, or it should accept the cookies but it still seems it's a cookie problem. That's pretty strange. I'm not sure how much this will help you but you could check in firefox if the settings for cookies are all okay, since they are a bit hidden.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences

This guide should give you a good idea of how to put your settings. I have them as shown in the second picture (except that I tell sites I do not want to be tracked).