Habitarium?

indiechiquegeek

I've heard that Habitarium is a great way to earn some NP, so I just started playing. Can someone explain it to me? Is it worth it? Do I need to have the browser always open, or if it is open, do I need to be constantly watching it? Is there one thing I should be harvesting more than the others? Harvesting is just for things to spend, right?

As you can see, I have lots of questions that weren't covered in the short tutorial, or that are answered in the FAQs. Any help would be appreciated!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Games' to 'Neopets Help'.

In order for your workers to harvest, your browser has to be open and your computer has to be on and not asleep. You can keep it minimized, you don't have to watch it. The best resources to harvest are wood, mud, and stone, because they are needed to upgrade your buildings and petpetpets as well as to buy buildings. Here's a link to a Habitarium topic on the Neoboards: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=155341060

It has a ton of informational links to petpages as well as people who can answer any questions you have.

Hey there!

Habitarium really is as great as everyone says it is. With a couple weeks of a bit of work, you can make up to 100k a day basically without doing a thing.

Your browser does need to be open in order for your petpetpets (p3s) to collect anything though, so if you have an older computer, this may put a lot of strain on it, especially since Habi is pretty image heavy. Also, due to this, your computer may lag terribly when you have it open.

You don't need to be constantly watching it though. For the first 49 levels, when you level up you get more stuff- a larger population, a bigger space, etc, so if you're watching, you can take advantage of it right away. Once you hit level 50, the max level, instead of leveling up, you get purple gems that you can collect for 500 np each. This is where all the money comes in. :) BUT if you leave your Habi unattended for too long at this point and have your board full of gems AND THEN have your browser crash or your computer restart, etc... well, your Habi will be locked out, and you won't be able to play until you merge it, restart it, or TNT fixes it (more info on lock outs on neopets.com/~Nimmo). TNT does unlock them occasionally, but they can take a bit of time. SO ideally, you don't want to get locked out. Which are completely avoidable if you just check your Habi every couple of hours when it's running.

Also, your workers become exhausted and fall asleep after about 8 hours, so there is no point of leaving them unattended for longer than that. :)

Harvesting gives you experience points, which at the beginning will level you up, and later on give you gems. You can spend the resources you harvest on buildings and stuff, and for that the mud, stone, and wood are most valuable. But you may as well harvest the other three since you only have room for 2500-4500 of each resource in each storage anyway. :)

I hope that answers everything!

Once you reach level 50 it's really worth it. There is more then one way to play it but it all comes down to XP, You earn xp by gathering resources, building, fighting off pests and breeding eggs. When a p3 dies you can collect a gem that gives xp. the more xp you get the faster the top bar will fill up. when filled you gain a level and rewards. As soon as you reached level 50 (you will need about 1500 xp to fill the top bar at this level) you get a purple gem for ever filled bar. Every gem is 500NP. You can easily make 50k to 100+k depending on what method you use and the time you spent.

If you don't like your browser to be open all the time (you don't need to watch it) you could go for the nesting method. Depending on the level of your nest new eggs are ready to harvest after a certain time. The breeding goes on while the browser is closed, the gathering of resources not so much.

Your p3's live max 7 days, then you will get a gem. Repairing of buildings also gives xp.

And like those ninja's people before me said, look out that you don't get too many purple gems on the board so you don't get locked out. Also, there are many guides for quick xp gaining.

Once they are ready to hatch you need to hatch them yourself. (Or wait to get another egg from leveling up and hatch that one.)

So in order to earn lots of money you have to have the game open constantly??? Gosh that sounds like a lot of commitment.. currently on level 10.. sigh. waiting waiting waiting..

That's the best way, but you can still earn without doing that, though not as much. Before I got a new computer at work, my old one couldn't run Habi while doing anything else, so I had tons of nesters and I'd just open it up every once in awhile and discard the eggs.