Neopets tabbed pages refuse to close?

Lenia

I'm not entirely sure if this is a problem on my browser's end or Neopets, but since it only seems to happen with Neopets, I'm thinking it's the latter.

Basically, any time I open certain pages in new tabs in my browser, they lock and won't close unless I close out of the browser completely. Clicking the X doesn't work, ctrl+w doesn't work.
Currently it's Coltzan's Shrine, Fruit Machine and Tiki Tack that ended up with this problem. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this weird issue and if there's a way to fix it?
I use Firefox (most recent version, 26.0) and regularly clean out my cookies/cache.

Do you have Tab Mix Plus or other add-ons installed that have to do with tabs? It sounds like you have your (neopets) tabs automatically protected. That prevents them from being closed.

Nope, no add-ons for tabs. I have a few add-ons but they're stuff like AdBlock and Stylish, and none of my add-ons have given me problems before, especially nothing like this.
In fact this problem with the tabs has only been going on a couple months.

What has changed since then? And does it ask you something or give you a warning when you close the window?

I'm using the latest Firefox too, but don't have any problems at the moment, so I'm trying to figure out what may be causing this for you.

Nothing really, aside from updating to the newest version. There's no warning or anything when it happens, the tabs just freeze up and won't close, and if I click away from them and try to go back, I can't. It's not able to be clicked back onto, at all.

Have you tried reinstalling your firefox? Maybe something went wrong with the update. You could also first try to disable all your extensions to see if it's one of them or not.

Someone else also told me this: If disabling the extensions doesn't help, there's a Reset Firefox button under troubleshooting information.

If you know a few things of firefox you could also go to your profile manager and create another profile to see if that solves it instead of reinstalling.

So from the top the things you could try:

1. Disable extensions

2. Reset Button (Help - Troubleshooting Information) / Create another Profile in your profile manager

3. Reinstall firefox

If you can't do a normal backup you could go to the Web folder of Firefox (For me it's on my D: drive and there I have a folder "Web") In that folder you could find a file with all your bookmarks. You could copy it, if it's fixed with a reinstall (last resort) then go to the folder with the new info and replace the "new bookmarks file" with the old one. You could do the same for your pw's, they should be in the same folder.

From the Firefox help page:

Bookmarks and Browsing History: The places.sqlite file contains all your Firefox bookmarks and the list of all the websites you’ve visited. For more information, see How to use bookmarks to save and organize your favorite websites.

Passwords: Your passwords are stored in the key3.db and signons.sqlite files. For more information, see Password manager - Remember, delete and change saved passwords in Firefox.