Re-painting a pet

juholly

I was wondering what people think about painting a pet that's already been painted. For example , I have a spotted buzz named rainbowpolywhirl that I've been training, but it's not really a pet that I want. I got him from the pound, so he was probably blasted by the lab ray. I wanted to change it in to something else (use the green uni morphing potion and then paint it camouflage) but that seems like it'd be a huge waste. What would you do? Put him back in the pound, paint over it, or deal with the creepy bright green eyes? :sick02: :evo:

p.s. am I posting this in the right category? Sorry if I'm not!! :)

Nothing wrong with it at all. Right now I'm labbing my pet long-term for the stats, and to a lesser extent hoping to hit some avatar species/colors in the process, so even if I get a really cool color I'm still going to keep zapping (I've already had Maractite and Darigan) -- some people think it's dumb to rezap an expensive/rare color, but that isn't my goal right now so I couldn't care less. All that matters is that you're happy with it. :)

I think it's fine to change the species and color of a pet. I think only three of my pets have only been one species. If you have put time into a pet, I think it is better to keep them instead of getting a new pet because you don't like the way they look.

Additionally, a Spotted Buzz isn't really a coveted pet. If it was a pet that I knew people really wanted, I might feel a little guilty (even though I would still probably do it).