How can you communicate with underage players?

siniri

I've been entering the monthly competitions, and I won weeks 1, 3, and 4 of the Armada competition. However, there's a glitch in which week 2 occurs after week 4, in the "extra" days of the month. My current challenger is underage, and I would like to coordinate a time with them to play. I tried to send them a neomail, and red text warned me that "this person is under 13 and can't reply" when I typed their name in the "send to" box. So I came up with a way that they could let me know what times they're available, using junk items in their shop, so they could communicate without neomail. But when I tried to send, it said that I couldn't send to the person, either (totally understandable, but why didn't the first warning let me know that?).

Obviously, that's the end of the road since the person is a minor. But this brings to mind a situation in which someone has NF-only communication activated. If you wanted to communicate with them for a legitimate reason (multiplayer challenge, trade, etc.), how would you get their attention? Send an item? Is there a specific item "code"? Send a Neofriend request? In both cases, would you leave a message on your user look-up in case they looked there?

So I posted my code idea to my user look-up. The question is, is there a way for me to get their attention so they look at my look-up? The only thing I could think of was to send them an item, and hope they check out the look-up of the sender. And then have their name in flashing giant letters before the message so they notice it... Is there a specific item I can use? Will attempting this get me in trouble?

*Editing to expand the question, since I agree that contacting underage players is a bad idea. I struck through the original text, but left it so others could see what the first few comments were referring to.

Edited by siniri

As both a parent and a long time neopets player I will answer this question. DO NOT attempt to contact an underage player. I understand wanting to complete tasks and games on neopets. But it is only a game. The Neopets team has age restrictions for a reason. To protect our children. As a parent I can tell you that no matter what your reason might be for wanting to contact the underage player, it is inappropriate. Parents depend on the protection that the neopets team has put into place to protect our children from internet predators NEVER attempt to circumvent those safe guards..

Thanks, nikie. That's what my gut was telling me. I thought it was odd that it seemed like I could send a neomail to my opponent, and I was actually glad that the warning was incorrect and that you can't neomail them.

I guess the question remains, how would you contact someone (of age) you have a legitimate reason to contact (e.g., to contact them about a trade or multiplayer challenge), who has neomails blocked for non-neofriends? Send them a NF request, and leave a message for them on your look-up? Send them a specific item? Just forget about it?

If it was me I would just forget about it, its just not worth pushing those rules..your account could depend on it eek !