Moltara City?

indiechiquegeek

The same thing keeps happening to me when I try to complete the worm quest in Moltara City and The Caves- I get 8 worms easily, then for days and days I can't find the last two, until I eventually give up. Are they hidden somewhere? Does it take anyone else forever to get just the final 2? The first 8 pop up quickly, but the last two....argh! Any help?

The worms pop up at the same times every day. They stick around for 5 minutes (starting at x:y0:00 and x:y5:00 NST), so the best bet is to make a spreadsheet with your times, at least for the two rarest worms.

I made a spreadsheet with all my times for all my worms, and I've lost it, but I remember the approximate times for the black and rainbow ones. My black one appears at 8:00am, 12:20pm, 3:05pm, 4:??pm (somewhere between 4:20 and 4:40, I'm pretty sure -- it's not the most convenient time for me), and 12:??am (again, I usually have already snagged it by then. My rainbow worm only appears 4 times: 10:45am, 2:25pm, 2:50pm, and 8:??pm (I think it's 8:15, but I just start checking from 8pm to make sure, if I can't snag an earlier one). One thing I noticed was that every single one of my worms appears between 2:50pm and 3:05pm, so if I could only get online once in a day and wanted to collect my worms, this is when I'd do it (though if my online time were that limited, I'd probably skip the worms). The pink, purple, white, and orange appear less often than the rest for me, but I know when I can snag them close to when I usually get the black and rainbow, so it's not too much trouble. It's helpful to at least map times for your other worms close to when you're getting the rarest ones, especially if there's a time that you can get several at once (there's a 10-minute window at ~7:40am where I can snag all 8).

Just keep in mind when you're logging your times that you'll have to leave the worm behind in order to check later times, so I recommend starting at the end of the day, and then backtracking. So, for example, start 2 hours before your usual bedtime, and check every 5 minutes (or every 10 minutes, checking before and after the time change at each time, so you're checking two timepoints at every check -- just make sure you don't skip one; e.g., I would check at 9:09:00, record my worms, refresh when the clock rolled over to 9:10:00, and record the next timepoint as well). Record which worms appear at each timepoint, but don't collect any. After you're done, pick a convenient collection time for all your worms (hopefully there are a few times where you can get most of them). You may not have seen all the worms in those two hours, but that's okay -- just note what you can. The next day, start 4 hours before your bedtime, and check every 5 minutes. Once you know at least one appearance for each worm, you can check other times of the day and fill out your spreadsheet as you have time, and just collect the worms later in the day, according to the schedule. It took me a few weeks to record all the times; I did it while I was in grad school, and I'd just set my timer while studying/writing papers/whatever, and switch over and record the data real fast (using the every-10-minutes method).

I made my spreadsheet with a row for each 5-minute increment of the day (starting at 12:00:00am NST, or 3am EST), and I had one column for each worm (I'd start with the rainbow and black in the first columns, and you probably don't need to record when the red, green, blue, or yellow ones appear). Then I just had to put an X for each worm at each timepoint. I used MS Excel, and I highlighted each time as I checked it (because some have no worms appear). After I'd checked all timepoints, I highlighted all my times for the black and rainbow worms with one color, and then nearby times with a lot of the other worms in a lighter shade of the same color (so I can get all my worm-collecting done in just a few visits, and yes, I tend to use a timer).

I even recorded my times in the middle of the night, while I was traveling (the worms are at the same time in NST, so if you change timezones, your times will change) or studying late, but I don't think I'd wake up in the middle of the night to get a worm, so I wouldn't recommend doing that; the moltite's just not worth that much.

Happy hunting!