Origin (EA Game Store)

Ashbash

Hey guys, been a while. Hope all is well. I was just wondering if anyone has ever purchased and had issues with Origin. As some of you might remember, I'm a big fan of the sims. They had a sale going recently so I bought an expansion pack for the Sims 3 and have yet to be able to get it to work. So far they haven't been very helpful with getting my game to actually work.

More specifics on this incase anyone is actually able to help me fix it: I purchased the downloadable version of Into the Future. My Sims 3 game was up to date up to this point. When I go to play the game now it automatically launches into Island Paradise, even though I'm clicking on Into the Future. I get through all of the loading screens for Island Paradise and then it tells me no game disc found and closes out of it. I've had this happen before with Sims 3 expansions and normally I just try a couple of times or restart my MacBook Pro and it will work. However, nothing has seemed to work this time and since I bought the download of Into the Future, I don't have a game disc for it. I have kept my Island Paradise disc and had that in every time I've tried to play.

Anyways, if you guys have any experience with Origin, good or bad or any tips on how to get my game to work, please let me know!

I've bought from Origin numerous times (*Sims high five*) and never had any issues. However, I had similar problems with a purchase from Herinteractive, where it was telling me to insert disk when it was a digital download. The solution for that one was to uninstall the game and reinstall it, but to choose another install location instead of the default one the installer suggests. For mine, I just made a new folder in my documents folder and installed it there. After that installation, it worked fine. Maybe give that a try.

Hi. I used to love The Sims. Until it ruined my computer in 2004. I had a really good gamer's computer with a GeForce graphics card and everything. Cost me a lot of money that I saved up almost two years for. Now I have a cheap HP laptop because of The Sims. EA refused to help replace it, even though they knew it was a line of code in their Vacation disc that wrecked my desktop computer. They basically told me to sue them and that I wouldn't win because they had expensive lawyers and I didn't. Which is true. They didn't even offer to help with the repair costs. They said to sue them for them and you know how that story went. So I don't play Sims. I don't buy anything EA puts out.

The only good thing I can say is that their technician tried to fix the problem via email, but after 23 attempts to fix it, he gave up and told me to take it to a repairman. I did and he said that it was a line of code that had inserted a loop into the OS and that it couldn't be removed without damaging it further. He said that he could fix it, but it would be three times the cost of the computer. I couldn't afford $6,000, so when I talked to EA and told them what the man said, with the report on what the problem was. The technician said "sorry". He thanked me for the report, which would help them to keep it from happening to other users in the future, but my computer was a write-off and they were not legally obligated to help. That was it. He told me to go away or he would get their legal department on me to sue me for harassment.

Bottom line: don't buy from EA. Ever. If you do, be warned that this could happen to you and they will not help you replace anything.

Best of luck!

I've bought from Origin numerous times (*Sims high five*) and never had any issues. However, I had similar problems with a purchase from Herinteractive, where it was telling me to insert disk when it was a digital download. The solution for that one was to uninstall the game and reinstall it, but to choose another install location instead of the default one the installer suggests. For mine, I just made a new folder in my documents folder and installed it there. After that installation, it worked fine. Maybe give that a try.

Thanks! Right now I'm downloading a patch even though I'm pretty sure my game is up to date. That's what the people at EA suggested. If that doesn't work, I'll try your method!

Azurablue, that sounds awful! I'm so sorry. :(