So, is having friends in habitarium absolutely necessary, or just helpful?

diddlemuffins

I've read some articles that mention raids and resource sharing, but haven't been able to find anything general about how helpful other people can be. I've just started this account a couple months ago and don't have any neofriends because, let's be honest, i'm at an age where asking my friends if they play neopets would probably just end in mockery... but anyway, I'm wondering if I can reach level 50 at a decent speed and make a good amount of NP by myself, or if you guys would recommend finding some buddies to help out?

As already said you dont have to have friends however you do get bonus xp yourself for every friend you help by either taking care of a petpet, repairing a building, or repairing all resource tiles - so its helpful to help others as well as being helpful to have people help you back.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

I didn't know you could get XP from helping other players, I guess it's time to make some neofriends! I currently have way more buildings & resources than I know what to do with so if anyone would like some presents feel free to add me :)

I added you :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I mostly like having neofriends for the habitarium because they can heal your resources. You can always friend me if you'd like. I don't raid or gift, but I'll heal your resources periodically when I think about it. It's also cool that you can see how your neofriends have set up their habis.

On a side note: getting raided can be useful too if you accidentally hatch too many soldiers, you can have someone raid you to kill off a few without having to wait a whole week.