Gallery help and suggestions!

leverhelven

Ohai there! I'm finishing buying stuff for my Blueberry Gallery, but I want to improve it so it may have a change at winning the Spotligh.

So I was thinking: first, a better layout. But there are no large images on Neopets that are blueberry-related so: can I use real blueberry images? Or maybe cartoonish ones? Like, is it allowed?

Second, I was thinking about creating categories... But can't decide on which kind. I was thinking something like: "classic blueberry" (items just made out of blueberry), "extra flavour" (items that are made of blueberry + some other thing, like chocolate or other fruit), "non-edibles" (for blueberry items that aren't actually food), "rejected" (items that are spelled blue berry instead of blueberry) and "hidden blueberry" (items which have blueberry in the description but not on their names).

I don't know if all that would be nice, though. I need some opinions, suggestions, tips. So if you can help, I'll appreciate it! :) :)

ps: here's my Gallery as it currently looks

Awww, it's very cute! :)

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use non-Neo pictures of blueberries, but perhaps you can make do with Neo ones. The background can be a tiled one with blueberries or blueberry items (think the Neopian Times background?), and a banner or whatever could have a blueberry Chia, or something.

Categories are great, but remember to keep them nicely organised outside of the categories as well! When the gallery is shown in the spotlight, all of your items are listed, rather than categories.

Something else you may want to do is go through food items that have blueberries as a garnish, or just in the picture. Like, you have blueberry juice in your gallery, but not the gooseberry jam packed lunch that the blueberry juice comes from, which shows it on the lunch box. The book looks like one of the slices of pie on the cover is a blueberry pie.

packlunch3.gifbvb_4millionpierecipes.gif

Going through ALL of the items to get ones like that would be awful and time consuming, but in the end you'll have a much nicer gallery. :3

Honestly, my best advice is to keep looking at previous winners. They'll give you a good idea of exactly what TNT is looking for in a winner. :)

Wow, that's a great idea! I had though of looking for items with blueberry in their descriptions, but looking at items which possible have blueberry stuff on their art is ever more awesome! It'll be lots of work, but I don't care! It's gonna be amazing!!! :D

ps: I wonder if someone can make me a layout for my gallery? Like, if I go to the Graphics forum here? Do people usually do it?

I'm really excited to see your gallery! It'll be great. :)

I think graphics requests do get filled here, so go best and ask. :) I'd love to help, but my abilities are limited to slapping a little text onto a picture. XD

If you're going for the spotlight, read the Neopian Times editorials about layout help and spotlights. My understanding is that TNT typically chooses galleries that you did the layout for yourself, vs. having someone else do it for you. (Of course people can ]help you, but to have your best chance of selection, it's best to do it yourself.)

If you're going for the spotlight, read the Neopian Times editorials about layout help and spotlights. My understanding is that TNT typically chooses galleries that you did the layout for yourself, vs. having someone else do it for you. (Of course people can ]help you, but to have your best chance of selection, it's best to do it yourself.)

I've seen a couple that won with premade layouts (I actually found my current layout because of the credit on a previous winner's gallery. :)