Neggggggs

missmadiemay

So after the Discovered Treasure Chest Dilemma post I got to thinking about all of the neggs I have stocked up in my SBD... Not any ferocious neggs or anything crazy, but I do have a TON of others. Should I try to buy a few ferocious neggs with these to sell, keep saving them, or sell separately? I can't decide (:

I usually trade negg tokens in for armoured neggs; in general, I've found that the price of armoured neggs keeps pace with the price of regular neggs and does better than the others in terms of being worth their number of tokens (though I haven't checked this in a while). It's relatively easy to check (though a bit time-consuming) by SWing each fancy negg, dividing each price by the number of tokens, and then comparing this to the price of a plain "negg". If the plain negg is cheaper, it's better to cash in the neggs for tokens, then buy the fancy negg worth the most NP/token you can afford. If the price per token for a fancy negg is cheaper than the price of a plain negg, you're better off selling your cheap neggs.

For (a totally made up, fictitiously priced) example, an armoured negg is worth 16 tokens. Say you SW it for 48,000 NP.

48,000 NP divided by 16 tokens = 3,000 NP per token = what you could sell an armoured negg for

If plain neggs can be bought for 2,500 NP, you could buy 16 plain neggs for 2,500 NP x 16 = 40,000. By turning the neggs into tokens, then buying an armoured negg, you could turn that 40k into 48k!

(Of course this doesn't happen, because when the prices get out of whack, a lot of people realize it and start converting regular neggs into tokens into fancy neggs, increasing the supply of fancy neggs and driving down their price. On the other hand, people won't make fancy neggs if they're selling for too low compared to the cost of their tokens, because then they'd be better off selling the regular neggs instead of cashing in for tokens. So if fancy negg prices are low, their supply will dwindle, and as more people buy the cheaper ones available, their prices will rise to be closer to the cost per token. Demand affects how quickly things stabilize. Since armoured neggs are cheaper than training for many people training defense, they're usually in high demand, so their price is pretty close to the per token price. A completely useless fancy negg will have very low demand, and a few people making them without doing the math will result in their prices staying perpetually low, making them a bad deal pretty much all the time.)

Yeah, I would recommend only checking the prices of the ones that do something useful: Armoured, Silver Knight, Ferocious?, Faerie Queen? .... I don't know off the top of my head, but there are only a few that ever come close to having value.

So after the Discovered Treasure Chest Dilemma post I got to thinking about all of the neggs I have stocked up in my SBD... Not any ferocious neggs or anything crazy, but I do have a TON of others. Should I try to buy a few ferocious neggs with these to sell, keep saving them, or sell separately? I can't decide (:

If you don't have a gallery yet I wound suggest collecting them! If you do have a gallery that's unrelated to neggs i'd sell, sell, sell!!