Hidden Tower weapons

Tam

Hi Everyone,

I am considering investing in a hidden tower weapon for my battledome pet as it seems to be the next step for my weapons. Would I be better off getting an anagram sword as a constant or a Gbomb. I only play 1player, and want to be more prepared for the next plot. I have a budget of 10 mill. I am actively training with both codestones and faerie cookies.

My stats are:
Lvl: 119
Str: 145
Def: 93
HP: 250
Weapons: ylanas blaster, hanso charm, Jar of healing brains, randomly firing freezing ray, patched magic hat, scroll of knowledge and prickly potion.

Thanks

I'd vote for a full freezer is going to give you more bang for your bucks. I personally carry a MMoM and KBT, but there are cheaper alternatives. I'd also concentrate on getting up to the 200 str level for the next boost. Also, I'd upgrade my patched hat to either a Royal Blue or Sophies Magic Hat, (or both for 1-player, and adjust depending upon your opponent).

• 2 weeks later...

Are you going to get that defense stat up so that it's even with the Strength stat? Or are you intending to ignore defense and go for a powerhouse with Strength and HP?

I agree that a more reliable freezer might be a good option. Later on, you might consider a better healer. Nimmo's have a 50% healer that's pretty reasonable.

Healing Ankh of the Nimmo

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/649

I'm not sure what the current price is, but if you can get it for cheaper than the non-species 50% healer, Bag of Healing Dust, then you've saved some NP.

At your level though, I think training will benefit you more than Hidden Tower weapons. Of course, I DO recommend the Ghostkerbomb from the Hidden Tower, but you can usually save 100,000np or so by buying it from the trades or Auctions. Instead of buying it at the Hidden Tower at Full Price. The G-bomb, is my only weapon ACTUALLY from the HIdden Tower. I've trained a lot over the years and my sub-par weapons have served me very well.

Weapons don't always make the battle-pet. You can budget battle and still win. With a little luck sometimes if need be. ;) Defense, reflectors, dual duties and to a more limited extent, the one-use items shouldn't be discounted too much. ;)

Good luck

Thanks coltom and Aquamentis12, I am actively training. My battle pet used to be a lab rat, so its stats are very unbalanced. I'm training up level at the training school and completing daily Faerie Cookie quests which are increasing my Strength and Defense although this can be unpredictable. I am taking the regular and steady route and once I get my level up I can then balance my stats.

I am looking at investing in some good weapons so I can be in a better position next time a battle plot is on. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects that they will want to iron out a few kinks in the battledome before taking it of Beta and a plot would get people using the battledome en mass....

My budget has increased to around 16 mill thanks to a big win at Food Club, so am looking at MMoM, KBT and Ghosterbomb (prob in that order) as I can afford them. I think I will need a better healer, as 60 hp isn't much, but I am hoping to go with a massive blast to inflict max damage quickly and then reheal out of battle??

It sounds like you've got a good training plan. :)

As for the equipment, however you want to prioritize which ones you get. ;) Congrats on the Food Club win! Must've been one HUGE win. lol

I had the same theory when the Obelisk war was just starting out. Give TNT a time to take out the old challengers to recode them, stress test the BD and other things. There's still things in the BD that need some attention, imho. So another battle-plot would be a good idea when they've got more finished off and polished up. I look forward to the next battle plot. :D

Good luck with all of your plans! :)

WOW! LOL Wish I could make that much in one-go, or in one month for that matter! LOL But, I can't. LOL Congrats again. ;)

Between a freezer, a stronger constant and the ultimate "affordable" bomb. That's a tough one. Your main weapons are Ylanas Blaster and Hanso Charisma Charm, correct? I had the same combination when I came back to Neo before.. I think it was the 6th Altador Cup tournament. After that I got an Altador Cup Throwing Star and moved the Charisma Charm back to 3rd slot weapon, because of it's nice Dual Duty capability. My next purchase, was to finally break down and Buy a Ghostkerbomb, to upgrade my old Honey Potion (Which I've had for almost as long as my account, thanks Illusen! lol). So I'd say G-bomb, might help you finish your opponent off in one move when paired with your best constant and say the Faerie ability Lens Flare. With Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage, your need for a freezer should go down a bit. I see you're not at the level for Warlock's Rage yet, but when you DO get to level 200, I'd suggest going for that ability. ;)

I've had my freezer for several years or so. It's species-specific though, so I think I got a reasonable deal for it at the time. So I already had my freezer before I bought the G-bomb. Which is definitely different from your situation. As for your constant, I think that, or a 50% healer COULD be your last priority. I would say, it'd be a toss up between a Full-Freezer and the Ghostkerbomb. If you want a more reliable Freezer, go for that, if you want some extra 1-turn Stopping-power, go for the G-bomb.

I would still LEAN toward the G-bomb, because when I think about battling with my pet at present.I really don't use my freezer as much as I use Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage in battle. Just for on the record, you probably know this but, those faerie abilities both stop the opponent from attacking during the round it is used. Where the freezer weapons freeze for the following round, after the opponent has attacked. So I think the abilities kind of mute the full freezers' old level of usefulness. Especially if you have both. ;)

I think the last item you should look at would be the healer. Because you've got the Jar of Brains, right? So that's 60hp once per battle. Given your Nimmo's HP, that's a decent amount. However, if you come into some extra NP, maybe look between the Nimmo's specific healing item that I linked to in a previous post, or a Bag of Healing Dust. i think the Nimmo-healer might be the way to go there, because it's species only and you might be able to haggle a better deal for it than the non-species healer, Bag of Healing Dust.

Well, sorry for my rambling, just trying to figure things out as to an order for you like you asked. ;)

Here's how I would prioritize them in your situation, taking into account you probably have the Lens Flare ability.

Ghostkerbomb

(Full Freezer) (Probably MMoM)

(Higher Constant) (Probably KBT)

(Healer) (Whichever 50% healer is cheapest :D )

I hope this helps! :)

Just popping in to say WOW! Congrats on your win!

Going to echo Aquamentis here: If you're only playing 1P, then freezers aren't nearly as useful as they were in the old BD. With Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage, you really don't need an item freezer for most battles. Honestly Gbomb sounds like the better bet.

With that all said, I'm not a particularly skilled BDer. I just blow all my money on training. :P

Thanks everyone, I couldn't believe it when I won, it was a fluke and I dont think it will happen again so am going to buy something special and enjoy my trophy!! :laughingsmiley: I think I will get the Ghostkerbomb and MMoM now and save up towards the best Constant when im closer to saving. I went a bit crazy on Faerie Quest Cookies when they were on sale and will be having quests for a long time. I have lens flare but not warlocks rage so I think it will be a while until I am at that level so a freezer will be great.

Crystalline, LOL Training is good. ~_^ And it looks like your pet is very strong and well-balanced! :D So keep up the training. ;)

Tam, Sounds cool. You could always go for a cheaper constant upgrade with an item that probably won't depreciate much. I don't know the current prices, but an Altador Cup Throwing Star, OR a Stone Foam Finger, I'd say you could consider 1 of them as a small upgrade for Ylanas Blaster. And you'd get a chunk of that NP back by selling Ylanas Blaster, unless you don't want to sell it. Just a thought I had.

Faerie Quest cookies are a really nice, USUALLY, way to train some extra stats, especially when codestone prices are high. I do both, but with my pets stats where they are, I'm trying to keep my boosts even, and I like that you can get any kind of faerie quest from them, even Fountain, Faerie Queen and Space Faerie quests. I seem to get more strength raising quests than Defense raising quests. So I'm a little unbalanced at the moment. but 2 points of defense away from getting back to balanced boosts. :)

Best of luck with your purchases and your battling! :D