It's About Time...

Hi everyone. I have been using my same account with the extremely juvenile username since 2001. I, like many of you, used the dailies for a long time. Then I began reading articles, and comments, and wanted to be part of the discussion :)

I have always come back to Neopets here and there but lately I have been on daily. I'm mostly just interested in the plots and hoarding neopoints until I can buy what I want (paintbrushes) without going broke :)

Part of the appeal to the site for me is the nostalgia. A lot has changed in my life and on the internetz in 12 years, but the majority of the site is the same or at least recognizable. Welp, glad to be here!

Hello there - I too am new to the forums. I thought I'd share, since you mentioned the juvenile user name, here's a "funny" for you... I didn't start playing until I was about 40 years old and Neopets was my first online game. When they asked for the user name, I didn't realize it was what everyone would see, or that I couldn't change it. The young lady that was talking me into this game, said well, you have all these colored markers (a project we were working on), and your name is Theresa, so "tmarker"...

Hi LeavingBabylon!

Welcome back to Neopia :) I'm also back with my aged account and after reading some of other people's regrets about their usernames, I'm kind of glad I just used my name (Alexandra) all jumbled to create mine(lexan_adra), lol. We all seem to come back to Neopets, eh. I guess it goes to show how timeless the game is :D The developers have done a good job of keeping up with things while also maintaining their original ideas.

Hope to see you around the boards!

Lexa

P.S.

Yours is the second name I've encountered in the past few minutes that refer to Biblical things - Was that intentional on your part, or was it simply an allusion to express yourself?

Hello there - I too am new to the forums. I thought I'd share, since you mentioned the juvenile user name, here's a "funny" for you... I didn't start playing until I was about 40 years old and Neopets was my first online game. When they asked for the user name, I didn't realize it was what everyone would see, or that I couldn't change it. The young lady that was talking me into this game, said well, you have all these colored markers (a project we were working on), and your name is Theresa, so "tmarker"...

hehe, at least you got a good story out of it :) Mine's just a childish word game :P Also, nice to meet your name Theresa (hope I don't sound like a creepy stalker :worried: ) I'm Alexandra, although most do actually call me Lexa in RL.