Sad But True Like So Many... :(

ShaniLash

Like so countless many before me I had a Neopets account that I abandoned because I simply couldn't make time for it and had forgotten about it. Then one day just randomly searching youtube I came across a user that also had something to do with neopets on their channel as well. It started my mind to wandering back to the days when I loved Neopets and what could have happened to my account.

So then I googled what to do to recover an old neopets account going through so many old notebooks I was able to find some info that could help me out. I know my pet names two of which have Torchwood related names and I even know what paintbrushes I have used on them and what size my shop is. I know what Key Quest tokens I have, I can even name a few of the 85 secret avatars I have, how s in my many stamps I have in my album and where from but I can't name what's in my SDB or any neofriends. Yes I do have a new account but I really miss the for lack of better wording "feel" of my old account.

Can anyone tell me if it's still possible to recover a five year old account (I haven't seen anything real recent)?
And
If anyone here is friends with or remembers sending a friend request to my old user name shanilash please please please let me know it.

I'd hate to just keep on playing without even trying to recover my old account. I really would at least like to say that I tried to convince them and they turned me down because it's been too long. :sad02:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'TDN Questions' to 'Neopets Help'.

You can open a ticket and try, but unfortunately a lot of the information you have can be found out just by looking at your profile- I could just as easily try to get your account back with that information as you could! I think the problem would be more what information you can't remember than it being too long. I hope you're able to find some old NeoFriends that you can put in your ticket, or some things you may have had in your SDB.

You can open a ticket and try, but unfortunately a lot of the information you have can be found out just by looking at your profile- I could just as easily try to get your account back with that information as you could! I think the problem would be more what information you can't remember than it being too long. I hope you're able to find some old NeoFriends that you can put in your ticket, or some things you may have had in your SDB.

That's what bites the most. Here's to hoping I get in touch with my old neofriends and more old notebooks with random bits of info. :worried: :worried:

What's sadder still is that I've been back on stardoll for nearly a week and I created my account in 05 and abandoned it in 06.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I was away from my account for nearly 8 years. After a few back and forth e-mails with Neopets staff, I was able to deduct that the account was not linked to my college e-mail like I thought and was potentially recoverable! I was able to log back into my old e-mail, retrieve the password and wallah! Old account, fully active, 8 years of time in between log-ins! Don't despair!