Advice on BD set

I guess I'm going to be asking multiple questions in this thread.

I'm mostly a 1P battledomer, although I may consider 2P in the future.

My current set is:

Kacheek Life Potion

Downsize

HRoT

HCC

KBT

GBomb

SoS

H4K

Now I'm pretty sure I'll be switching out HRoT since stealing isn't really worth a slot (for me at least). However, should I roll with 2 constants or 3? Secondly, does HCC count as a constant in the sense that SoS and KBT are?

Next, I'm really considering picking up a Sword of Reif. If so, I'm not sure if it should keep SoS as a reserve or if I should sell it.

Furthermore, I'm completely lost when it comes to defensive weapons. Please feel free to recommend anything.

Now Sword of Lameness has had me intrigued for a while. But I was wondering whether my HP was high enough to make adequate use of it.

Lvl: 225

HP: 422

Str: 228

Def: 167

Mov: 196

Lastly, my budget isn't that high (maybe around 20mil), so no T-Tear for me. I'm also currently training my pet to 250 so I can access the ninja school so there's also that to consider.

Phew.

One of the BD team members may be of more help, but the first thought that I had looking at your stats and set was that you were better off investing your NP into raising your strength than in bigger and better weapons. My battle pet has a similar set to yours, but his strength is at the 650 boost (so a boost of 14), rather than the 200 strength boost that you have (4.5). I am doing 3 times as much damage as you with the same weapons- so I'm guessing that you can get a max of about 200-250 damage points on an opponent, wereas I can do almost 700. (guide to the boosts)

Increasing your strength will do you so much more good than increasing your weapons at this stage. There is the new strength potion from the Daily Dare, and the Altador Strength Potion- I would look at those, and some of the stat increasing neggs. Speed leveling to the Ninja School does make sense for you now, but I would focus entirely on your strength once you get there. Armoured Neggs for your defense are important, since most shields would be almost useless without better defense- again, someone else can suggest ones for you to get later.

Hi, thanks for the reply. While your method is time efficient, it's not very cost effective. With Neovian Str Potions, I'm looking at roughly 275k to 300k per 4 Str, which equates to around 75k per 1 Str. With Altador Str Potions, I'm looking at roughly 80k per 1 Str. Even the most expensive red codestone (Zed) is currently around 33k, while the others are under 10k. If I'm using the ninja training school to reach to 750 str boost, it's arguably cheaper if I abstain from str potions (although I may consider using them when I get to lvl 400). I've even stopped using armoured neggs, believe it or not (although I may consider using them again).

Funny thing is, I have a bunch of Altador Str Potions in my SDB that I'm planning on selling rather than using. Time constraints aren't really an issue for me.

But I'll definitely keep your advice in the back of my mind.

Training at the training school is definitely the most cost effective, but it's also time consuming. I think Rebecca was suggesting those potions in case you were worried about time. It sounds like your NP is burning a hole in your pocket, since you want to spend it on weapons that won't give you much of an edge over the weapons you have. Right now, your maximum damage is using KBT or SoS and GBomb, and you'll do (24 icons + 30 icons) * 4.5 boost = 243 damage. If you upgrade to either Sword of Lameness or Sword of Reif, you won't really gain any damage. Neither of those weapons has the capacity to do more icons than you currently have.

Now, if you were to spend your 20M on Altador Strength Potions (or accept that as your lost income from the ones you have), you could gain 20M/80K = 250 strength points right now, moving you up to the 9.75 boost. Now, your minimum damage using 2 attack weapons is HCC + KBT/SoS = (10 icons + 16.25 icons) * 9.75 boost = 255.9 damage, and your maximum is using KBT and GBomb for (24 icons + 30 icons) * 9.75 boost = 546.5 damage. Your typical damage using KBT or SoS (or SoR) would be 18 icons * 9.75 boost = 175.5 damage. To do that now at your current strength boost, you would need a weapon that has 39 icons. Even a Super Attack Pea doesn't do that many icons.

The main benefit of the weapons you're considering over the weapons you have are the icon types. If you're specifically trying to battle an opponent who is weak in fire or earth and you're currently struggling with, then I might suggest upgrading those weapons. If not, I recommend you don't bother. Right now, assuming you have Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage, you can take on an opponent with 438 HP without taking any damage (since 1-P opponents aren't very smart about using their abilities). That's (KBT + GBomb + Lens Flare) + (KBT + H4K + Warlocks Rage) + (KBT + SoS + ability of your choosing) = (16.75 icons + 21 icons + 16.75 icons + 16.75 icons + 16.75 icons) * 4.5 = 396. (Realistically, you can do this with opponents with more HP, but we're assuming the minimum number f icons for each weapon here to play it safe.) If you increase your strength to 9.75 boost, then you can use this strategy and win against opponents with 858 HP. Big difference! That's enough to take on any of the 1-P opponents on average. And using strength potions, you can do that today. If you wait to train, it will be 25 days (to level up) + 62.5 days (250/4) = 87.5 days - almost three months, and only if you start your new training immediately after your training sessions end. If you plan to sleep longer than 4 hours a night, that becomes the more realistic 25 days + 83.3 = 108.3 days.

If you do want to stick with the training school, just keep training. As you pointed out, it will be a lot more cost-effective, and if you're okay with waiting, then go for it.

For your weapons, I would recommend against SoL. I'm not a fan of the randomness, and I find randomness really unnecessary in 1-P. The opponents do not strategize particularly well (their intelligence isn't dull for nothing!) so there really isn't a lot of need to try to throw them off with a random weapon. The only reason I would recommend it is if you're fighting an opponent who is particularly susceptible to earth damage. Similarly, I would use SoR over KBT or SoS only if your opponent was susceptible to fire damage, or particularly well-defended against water or dark. Do you have a specific opponent in mind? Who are you trying to take on that you think those weapons might help you?

To answer your questions, 2 or 3 constants is entirely up to you and dependent on the rest of your set. Typically, people limit themselves to 2 so they can have other weapons in their set, but sometimes people switch out their constants because of the opponent they're taking on, so it might be helpful to have more than 2.

HCC does count as a constant like KBT and SoS. The major difference is that it's also a dual duty. (I guess some people count those differently, but I don't because there's no reason why you have to have a dual duty in your set. I look at the defense as just an added bonus.) Since HCC only does 10 icons of attack and KBT/SoS have a minimum of 16.25, the only reason for you to use HCC over those is its dark defense. That's really useful if you're fighting someone who deals a lot of dark, like the Giant Ghostkerchief for example, but it's entirely useless (compared to KBT/SoS) if you don't receive any dark damage. You should check out the weapons of the opponents you're trying to beat to see if HCC can help you. If so, keep it and use it; if not, either sell it or put it in your SDB in case you move on to an opponent where you can use it.

For shields, as Rebecca pointed out, you'll get more use out of them if you have a higher defense boost. A pet with a 15 defense boost can block up to 75 earth damage with a Leaf Shield, while a pet with a 3 defense boost can only block 15 damage. For your price range, I'd recommend any of the shields in the Advanced class on the Battlepedia's Basic Weapon Sets guide. All of those shields have a full block for at least one icon, so you should probably pick the shield with the block for your opponent's most-used icon type.