I want to change my main account.

blazenhazen

Hello. So recently i started playing neopets again about 2 months ago, and i hate my username, i made it quite along time ago. I was going to make a new account and realized i forgot i had another account thats probably still active, so i recovered it. I want to make this account my new main, and just deactivate the one im using now or use it in the future for storage only. Am i aloud to do this? as long as i am not making neopoints on both accounts, can i switch which accounts i want to make neopoints on, i have over 49m neopoints and few items i want to move over.

It is allowed. You can just transfer what you have. Don't do anything for the first few days on both accounts except the transferring to be on the safe side. After that you can start doing dailies and all the stuff you want to do on your new main. You can have the second as a storage/side account. You don't have to deactivate it if you don't want to as long as you don't make any neopoints on it or do things that give free NP items.

Your habi only makes points if it is open, and at the point where it would be a side you should never open it again. Therefore it doesn't really matter what it is doing.

Hi TNT! I'm just asking -- can you change main accounts every month or so? Thanks! ~zbelac
Uh, no. This doesn't quite go along with the spirit we intended when we said you could change main accounts. While there is no definite number of times you can switch, we imagine it would be more like a one or two time thing. Basically, you may switch accounts if you feel serious about leaving an old account behind and starting anew or moving to one with a new name. This shouldn't be something done lightly, and please do your best to stay committed to your new main account. Randomly swapping back and forth all willy-nilly-like is basically using multiple accounts to play Neopets, which is not allowed. (Just because it's not every day doesn't mean it's okay.) We do realise that you may find a username you like better down the line and want to switch to that one, for example, so we're trying to accommodate by allowing you to switch. But make a decision. Pick one account and stick with it, eh?

No, I think that is just fine. The age of the account doesn't really matter as far as I know. Maybe its a bit weird that it is older, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I did change my main once too, but after a year or so I decided to just stick with my old account as my main. So I switched back and will never change main again now. If I make new ones, they will just stay sides even if they have better names. (But my main name isn't too bad, I just dislike the numbers)