permanently silenced

luverica

so about 2 weeks ago, i was talking to my best friend via neomail. She just got a new phone and didn't have my number so i replied to her message saying "i'll text you"

all of the sudden, i got a neomail from theneopetsteam.

"Your account has been silenced permanently for breaking the following rule: This account was found to be posting inappropriate messages (ie: bad language, insults, chain letters, etc.) on the message boards, guild boards, or other site areas. You will no longer be able to communicate with or contact other users, or edit any of your content. You can still access your Neopets account, play games, and participate in site events, though.

If you feel that your account has been silenced in error, please contact support."

So I know neopets are really strict on these kinds of things, but i didn't know that strict.

My friends account was suspended for a day or something like that then silenced for 3 days. So why am i permanently silenced?

Also, i tried contacting neopets multiple ways (contact us, help) but i keep getting a message saying "Page Expired. To protect privacy and enhance security, the page you are trying to access is no longer available."

Is there anyway i can get myself not silenced anymore?

You need to keep trying to send a bug report via the help page. Try a different browser if yours doesn't work. I'm assuming your friend's number stayed the same, and that's why you were able to text her. TNT should tell from the context that you weren't actually sharing contact info on Neopets. You obviously already know each other, since you already had her number. Just saying you will text her isn't actually providing info, so technically isn't a violation of the rules.

If she got a new number and you asked for it, that was a violation, unfortunately. The difference in punishment could be due to you being the one to ask, and/or differences in previous warnings/suspensions. If you try to explain the situation (emphasize that her mail mentioned "new" number, which is proof you already had her number), acknowledge that you realize it was against the rules but that you forgot you were on Neopets since you're best friends, TNT might consider reducing your silencing. Good luck!

You need to keep trying to send a bug report via the help page. Try a different browser if yours doesn't work. I'm assuming your friend's number stayed the same, and that's why you were able to text her. TNT should tell from the context that you weren't actually sharing contact info on Neopets. You obviously already know each other, since you already had her number. Just saying you will text her isn't actually providing info, so technically isn't a violation of the rules.

If she got a new number and you asked for it, that was a violation, unfortunately. The difference in punishment could be due to you being the one to ask, and/or differences in previous warnings/suspensions. If you try to explain the situation (emphasize that her mail mentioned "new" number, which is proof you already had her number), acknowledge that you realize it was against the rules but that you forgot you were on Neopets since you're best friends, TNT might consider reducing your silencing. Good luck!

thanks. I usually use safari so i just switched to google chrome and it worked. Just sent in my ticket. and i already had her number so there wasn't any contact information being given out. Thanks :)

Wow TNT is really going strict. So many people on the boards were permanently silenced in the past week. :( If you dont have, make a side account. I had my ticket open for a while now. :( My friends said that if the mod, Tony reads, I'm un permad because they were helped from him before.