Is this cheating?

Lady Lyuba

I have noticed (and should be doing the same), that everybody is on the same faction with each round, which results in the winning of said faction. I remember when everybody joined the Brute Squad, which resulted in their winning, and now, this round, everybody is on the Thieves Guild. This is not only all of TDN, but all of the Neoboards, too. If everyone chooses the same team....isn't this cheating? It makes the winning of the chosen team unavoidable. This round, I've learned from my mistake and will try to join the same team as everybody else in the future, but how much longer are these rounds going to last?

I don't know, this just seems like something that would typically be against TNT's rules. :/

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.

Nope! Not cheating. TNT addresses the issue in the Editorial here (fourth question down)

Anyway, I do have a burning question for you: I've seen many Neoboards lately encouraging people to join the same faction to "guarantee" a win for one of the three sides of the skirmishes. Is that cheating, or is the size of the faction irrelevant to determining the winner? Thanks for 10+ awesome years! ~the_pink_cow959
If a lot of people on the boards all decide to join one team, that's perfectly within the rules. However, even if that possibly results in the majority joining a certain faction, a larger team size doesn't guarantee a win. Much like the Altador Cup, it isn't the size of the team that matters, but the effort they put forth.

For example, if everyone just joins a massive team trying to "guarantee" a win, but then puts no effort into it because they think they'll coast along to a new avatar because of the number of people, then don't be surprised when that team loses.