35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play food club?

• Yes, I bet myself
    • Yes, I copy other peoples bets
    • Only on rare occasions
    • No
    • What's food club?
    • Never tried it before

For anyone who wasn't sure if Food Club is really as profitable as people say it is....

Collect Winnings

Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings

5176 Lagoon: Sir Edmund Ogletree
Treasure Island: Gooblah the Grarrl
Harpoon Harry's: Ned the Skipper 6004 NP 70:1 420280 NP

Total Winnings 420280 NP

And this is just ONE DAY. My profit (not gross, just pure profit) total is over 2.5 million, and I don't even bet that much! I've only made 386 bets, so basically the equivalent of a little over a month worth of daily bets.

Yeah, but only if you make the correct bets! Followed Hugo's bets again for Round 5176 and got 0:10. Didn't expect a double upset.

I might consider following Tracey's bets for once. She's been getting 28:10, 28:10, and 70:10 the past 3 days.

I was cutting it close again, so I hurriedly made my bets without considering the double upsets, even though I knew they'd be profitable. I calculated the expected values during the 15 minute window and picked my "if I had it do over" bets before results were posted, and sure enough, I would have made the 70:1 bet had I had an extra 3 minutes. Ah, well. Tomorrow I'll make sure I do my analysis earlier!

Today by following Hugo's bets I got a quarter of a million! :D but yesterday as was mentioned above I went bust following his bets. But still, that's a fairly good profit even balanced out over the two days. I think I'm going to keep on going with this food club thing! (following someone elses bets at this point since I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it all works haha)

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the third day of 0:10 for me (I managed 14:10 on a safety that Hugo didn't cover in round 5186). My friend started following Hugo's bets two days ago (round 5187), and then griped at me for recommending she play after she lost 2 in a row. So today I came up with an uber-conservative strategy for her with 6 safeties. I myself took a riskier strategy even than Hugo, since I'm still hoping to be able to get a trophy on the first (though that's looking extremely unlikely at this point). She didn't get home in time to bet, but if she had, she'd have gotten 20:10! I know that in the long run, my riskier strategy pays better, and I'm in it for the long haul, but still... it's getting aggravating now.

• 4 weeks later...

You must collect 7 days after you received the winnings. So if you won today, you can hold up to (and including) next Saturday -- so you can technically hold 8 rounds, but you must collect before midnight (i.e., before it becomes Sunday, in the example of starting to hold today).

I had a nice 68:10 today after two days in a row of nothing, but my bets ended up identical to Hugo's (and I'm sure many others', including people who managed to get some correct yesterday and yesteryesterday). I'm still going to hold in hopes of a trophy upgrade, though -- I have a decent account age going for me.

Thanks for the info siniri. Didn't really cross my mind to try for the trophy until recently, and I doubt I will qualify for one any time soon, but just thought I would hold to see how well I do in comparison to others.

I got 44:10 yesterday but nothing today thanks to the super-upset in Treasure Island. Hugo beat me today, but my calculations showed only a 1% difference in odds between Buck and Stripey, and in the long run, my bet would pay off better than his did. Hopefully I can win at least a little something the next few days to snag a trophy.

In the long run, if you're taking advantage of arbitrage, you'll be fine. A few years ago, when I tried without factoring in arbitrage, I had a losing record (not by much, and not a lot of bets, but it's included in the following total, so my actual bets that factored in arbitrage are even better than the following analysis indicates). In total, I've made 1128 bets, costing 8,514,487 NP. But I've won 13,641,522 NP, with a net profit of 5,127,035 NP. That's in less than 4 months of daily betting! That's winning, on average, 4545 NP per bet (or 45,452 NP per day, since I nearly always make 10 bets a day). Or a 60%+ profit, overall. 113 days is a decent sample size. Not as good as others', but based on my results alone, I'm pretty confident that Food Club is a huge earner.

(Note: my account is now over 10 years old, so that allows me to both bet more and win more, but the percentage profit is independent of the amount you can bet.)