Is it worth it?

Pibbity

Are the crazy and mindless hours put into Altador Cup worth your time?

If you were to play 1500 games of yooyuball (3 mins each), that's 4500 minutes = 75 hours

Prize points = approx 18000 pts = estimated worth 1.5 Million = 20 000 NP per hour.

Are the crazy and mindless hours put into Altador Cup worth your time?

If you were to play 1500 games of yooyuball (3 mins each), that's 4500 minutes = 75 hours

Prize points = approx 18000 pts = estimated worth 1.5 Million = 20 000 NP per hour.

It depends on the prizes. If we see another 13/14 iconer the ratio will be high. Aside from the PB/Yooyu/weapon, the prizes are worthless.

This is my first year playing seriously, so it's not really mind numbing. At least YYB isn't. You should hear me sometimes lol. Will it be worth it in the end, NP-wise? Maybe. I get most of my income from selling Battledome prizes and KeyQuest prizes, but I'm also starting to do pretty good with Food Club.. so it might not be profitable, but I am having fun with it!

Also a game of yooyuball doesn't take the full 3 minutes on the timer, as each goal shaves 8 seconds off, even if you skip the animations. (15 goals, 8 seconds off for each, there's 120 seconds off 180 seconds maximum.)

A bit of an overestimation I reckon.

Nobody scores 15 goals every game. I think most seem to score an average of 6 - 12.

The words 'GOOAAAAAL' probably wastes about 1 full second of your time, Celebration + new yooyu image another 1.5 seconds, so you'd only save about 5 seconds per goal. For a 9 goal game (5 x 7 =45s shaved), but you have to wait to send score, and restart the game, choose formation, etc anyways (takes about 5s), so optimistically you'd save 40s per game.

My short answer: Yes

I've NEVER sold a prize I've gotten during the AC, so for me, the NP isn't the motivating factor. I love having something different to do for awhile, other than play my usual games for NP. (Not that the same games over and over don't get old quickly, but we can only really play them one month a year anyway.) Plus, I love being able to improve my account by adding a new trophy, maybe an avatar or site theme if they decide to toss a new one out. Then there's the prizes. I get satisfaction from just seeing the AC prizes in my SDB. Then of course, there's the Yooyu and working towards being able to afford one. If I can, there's a petpet for my gallery that I can be extremely proud of, because I earned it on my own, not just buying it.

Honestly, don't do this for the NP, it's not worth it. You can easily make 250k a day by running habitarium, betting on Food Club, playing a few high yeild games and doing jobs in employment agency. That takes about 1-2 hours of your time per day maximum. So the rate for it is more like 100k per hour of actual playing, which is 5 times higher than AC.

You do this for the stuffs NP cannot buy, such as the trophy. If you want NP there are more efficient ways. If you want the items just buy them with NP you get from more efficient way. If you want to enjoy the Cup games or want the trophy, play AC like mad :)

I'd say it's worth it. The All-Star trophy from last year looks quite nice on my profile, but I think it could use a friend.

Also, I'm still using the Altador Cup Throwing Star that I won last year. I wouldn't complain if they had it or another weapon like it in the prize shop this year.

Not to toot my own horn, but it also feels good to see my name in the number one slot for my team on http://www.neopets.com/~absolutecorruption.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it definitely is since I love collecting Altador Cup and Darigan things. And of course there are the paintbrushes and the Yooyus which sell for high prices most of the time if you don't want to use them yourself. Also other things of the collectibles are becoming quite valuable over time (the Grarrl commentator figure being worth 9 Mill is quite worth playing that much). But all in all I do that much playing not for selling a lot of prizes later on but rather because of the support I want to give my team of eight years and the satisfaction I get from collecting trophies and AC collectibles.

A bit of an overestimation I reckon.

Nobody scores 15 goals every game. I think most seem to score an average of 6 - 12.

The words 'GOOAAAAAL' probably wastes about 1 full second of your time, Celebration + new yooyu image another 1.5 seconds, so you'd only save about 5 seconds per goal. For a 9 goal game (5 x 7 =45s shaved), but you have to wait to send score, and restart the game, choose formation, etc anyways (takes about 5s), so optimistically you'd save 40s per game.

Yea.. 5 x 7 = 35

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Yea.. 5 x 7 = 35

5x9=45 correct and send score ~3 seconds and commentator/ formation/ whatever 10 seconds.So around 30 seconds but those on slow computers will save 20 due to lag.