Suns And Fossils Continue Unbeaten Streaks

husker

tyrannia_group.gif

Clockwork YooyuHello and welcome everyone! This is Matt reporting live from the newsroom. Before we start with the results, I have to report some breaking news from the Colosseum. Several clockwork Yooyus exploded underground during the match between Meridell and the Lost Desert. Nobody was hurt, and they are believed to have exploded when a fan snuck into a restricted area and set their timers off. We have surveillance footage from the pens, and any help identifying this man [shows image of a man] would be greatly...

Wait...is that Austin!? Oh wow...uhhhh...

Let's move on to yesterday's results. In the Alabriss bracket we saw top contender Meridell face off against Lost Desert yesterday. Meridell got off to a strong start, and was able to show their dominance by shutting out the Mummies during the first half. The Mummies finally broke through Meridell's defense during the second half, and were able to make a comeback. But not soon enough, as time ran out and the score ended with Meridell having six goals and Lost Desert having five. Meridell was then able to sidesweep the Mummies, cleanly sweeping the Lost Desert.

In the match between Kiko Lake and Kreludor yesterday, we saw some very interesting results. Kiko Lake was able to take Yooyuball from the Moons with a very close last second goal. The Moons weren't discouraged by this however, and managed to sidesweep the Kikos.

Darigan Citadel and Mystery Island went at it yesterday, and while the Natives were able to get an early lead, the Citadel was able to come back and win Yooyuball, as well as the other sidegames, cleanly sweeping the Natives on all fronts. The Citadel has proved they are a force to still be reckoned with, suffering only four losses this season. They may very well be poised to take the Cup yet again.

And now for something completely different, Austin has retained his position as a full time reporter on staff here at The Daily Neopets. Not sure that's a great idea, but Lydia was yelling something about being "short handed" and muttering about "team songs" and so I thought it was best not to ask. We'll go to Austin now for the Vaeolus Bracket's results.

"Thank you, Matt. Even though that person in the video looks like me, walks like me, and even sounds like me, it is NOT me. We see, the man is wearing gloves, and I don't wear gloves. They don't fit on me, as my hands are too big. If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Trapper RemisNow onto this morning's news. We have developing story out of team Altador's camp. After their recent success, the team has decided to offer team captain, "Trapper" Remis, a four year contract extension. This all comes only days after Altador got off to their best start in Cup history. Questions are still raised on whether or not this is the right move, but many experts like the decision. We now have former All-Star and Cup champion, Dasher Soley, joining us to talk about the gutsy action taken by Altador.

DasherDasher, after their short stint of success so far in this Cup, do you think it is right for Altador to sign Trapper to a long-term deal?

Yarrr! I be believin' so m'laddy. They be makin' the right moves and he be deservin' of this.

The team has committed to its roster, as it has only made one move in the past eight years. With their strong start, would it be smart for them to keep the same players?

Aye it be. As I always say "if it ain't fixed don't break it" or somethin' like that.

Thank you for joining us today, Dasher. Enjoy your retirement.

Now, let's move on to the Vaeolus bracket results, where we had no real surprises yesterday.

Altador continued their dominance of the bracket with a sweep over Moltara. Altador now has their fifth sweep in a row, tying Tyrannia with the most in the tournament. Altador appears to be the front-runner for the Cup, since they have won every game they've played this year by two points or more. Moltara, on the other hand has continued to struggle and may be fighting to stay out of the bottom tier for a fourth year in a row.

Lilo BlumarioRoo Island failed to complete their fifth sweep in a row yesterday, as the Ninjas topped them in Make Some Noise. The Rooligans were still able to capture the overall win with a five to four victory in Yooyuball. Roo Island looks poised to compete for the Cup this year, while Shenkuu appears to be a third tier contender. It is still early, but it looks like both teams have the placings set early on.

The most exciting match in the bracket yesterday was Virtupets and Faerieland. The Robots need to get a statement win over the Faeries to stay alive in the Vaeolus bracket, and they did just that. They captured a last minute goal to win the game five to four. Virtupets got their second win of the year and will look to gain some momentum after the break day.

Finally, I send my condolences to anyone and anything harmed in the incident yesterday. I hope everything is well, and the culprit is found soon. Now, let's send it back to Matt in the studio. Stay classy, Neopia."

Ugga UggaThanks Austin! Now for the Minitheus Bracket, where we have some very predictable results. We saw Tyrannia and Maraqua playing against each other yesterday, and while Maraqua is relatively high in their bracket, they weren't able to stop a clean sweep from Tyrannia. The Fossils were able to dominate the entire match, showing no signs of letting up. Maraqua was able to get in a few goals once in a while, but Tyrannia's impervious offence made sure to keep the ball on the Mermaids' side of the field. Tyrannia has been doing very well this year, being one of the only teams that still has a perfect record, they will be a team to watch in the days to come.

On the bottom of the bracket, we had Terror Mountain and Haunted Woods face to face. Statistics wise, Terror Mountain has been the better team this year, with one more win than Haunted Woods. But that didn't seem to matter yesterday as Haunted Woods was able to sweep the Chillers in all games. It looks like the former Cup champions may have regained their footing.

For the last matchup of the day we had Krawk Island versus Brightvale. Krawk Island was able to show us that they're still a powerhouse team and a force to be reckoned with. They were able to beat Brightvale in Yooyuball, Make Some Noise, and Shootout Showdown. Brightvale however was not happy to roll over and take it, so they managed to take Slushie Slinger from the Pirates.

Practice TeamFor the matches to watch we have the Practice Team going against every team. Don't be fooled - those jelly Chias are deadly. Do not underestimate them. They're a strong team capable of doing almost anything.

Well that's it for this news report! This is Matt reporting from the newsroom, signing off. Until next time everybody!

ctp_359.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).