Team Faerieland Interview with Valtonous Rea and Elbin Kroe!

Mouseykins

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

This is Mouseykins for The Daily Neopets! I am on location in Altador waiting for the signups to begin. I've been camped outside the Colosseum for the past week deciding on the best way to get inside. Since my disguised entrance last year, the guards have improved their security and are now asking for ID badges. I only have my press badge and they won't let me in. All week I have been plotting and now I have figured out the perfect way to get inside.

I went around to the back of the Colosseum and used my Freeze Ray on the guards. Once they were frozen in place, I strapped on my climbing harness and began climbing the wall to the second level balcony. From there I stowed my climbing gear in my bag and put on my janitor outfit. My bag got tossed in the corner and I was on my way. Dressed as a janitor, I was able to go anywhere and found that Team Faerieland was on the Yooyuball field. I caught up with Goalkeeper Valtonous Rea and Left Forward Elbin Kroe.

faerieland_0.giffaerieland_2.gif

Valtonous Rea and Elbin Kroe

[smile] Hi there! Voltonous it's a pleasure to see you again! Elbin it's great to finally meet you!

Valtonous: EIbin you remember that reporter from last year who snuck into our locker room? Well she is standing right in front of you now. [snicker] I was expecting you at some point Mouseykins. It's lovely to see you again!

Elbin: [giggle] Yes I remember! Pleased to meet you Mouseykins!

[laugh] I sure didn't disappoint this year. Thanks for taking a few minutes out of your practice to sit and chat with me. I heard you opened up your training grounds to fans over the off-season. What was that like?

Valtonous: It was a great way to connect with all our fans. Everyone who came out to the grounds had a blast! I think my favourite part was showing and teaching our fans about being a goalkeeper.

Elbin: Having our fans nearby while we trained was really motivated. Some of them youngsters are quite fast. [giggle] I was outrun a few times by them. It just made me train harder to improve my speed and abilities on the field.

That's great! I was hoping to attend, but I've been kept quite busy. What are you looking forward to the most during this tournament?

Valtonous: I'm just looking forward to having a good time, enjoying the game I love. It'll definitely be nice to reconnect with some friends on opposing teams. We always have such a good rivalry.

Elbin: I'm looking forward to seeing all our fans again and just having a great time. Also it'll be nice to show some of them teams the faster Elbin, they won't know what hit them! [cackle]

Connecting with fans and old friends is always nice. [smile] I see you finished in 15th place again last year, but you did better than the year before with more overall wins and less losses. How does that feel?

Valtonous: When I saw the final standings I wasn't surprised to see us in 15th place. What shocked me was our overall improvement. We did so much better last year than previous years. It was a proud moment for me and I hope we can outdo ourselves again this year.

Elbin: I couldn't believe it! I was so proud of our entire team. It looked like we were having a hard time, but we improved our game and made all those losses less painful.

I was thrilled when I heard the final standings. Any changes we should be on the lookout for this year?

Valtonous: Umm I can't really say without giving anything away.

Elbin: Oh Valtonous! Stop being so vague! Yes there are changes this year. Not drastic changes, just subtle ones that will no doubt surprise our opponents.

Valtonous: Elbin! How dare you call me vague!

Elbin: Well you are a Uni aren't you?

Valtonous: Last time I checked, yes!

Elbin: Well then you're vague by association.

Valtonous: [pouts]

Okay then, moving on. I've heard a lot of players complain about those Darigan Yooyus. What are your thoughts on them?

Valtonous: I love them! [grin] They're so unpredictable and fun to watch on the field. I don't like it too much when they come near my goal, but they usually just end up bouncing right off.

Elbin: They make scoring goals easy most times. Just let the other side take control of it and keep it on their side so they can score in their own net, giving us the points. [smile]

Now that's the way to do it! What's your favourite Yooyu to play with?

Valtonous: The Ice Yooyu is the one I favor the most. When the opposing team gets it, they usually can't score on me. That Yooyu moves too slow for them to have a shot at a goal from a large distance. If they're up close that's a tad different, but I can usually block them.

Elbin: Gah! I don't like those Ice Yooyus, they're way too slow for my liking. The Fire Yooyu is by far my favourite one to throw around. At the beginning of a round if I can get to the Fire Yooyu first, I can score rather quickly from the center line. Once they have a clear path, they just fly down the field.

Voice on the intercom: Attention! All Faerieland Team Members please report to the practice field.

Well I guess I better let you both go so you can get some more practice in before the day is over. It was great chatting with you! I look forward to cheering you on from the stands! Have a great tournament! [group hug]

Valtonous: I guess break time is over now. Thanks! I hope we have an awesome tournament and outdo our stats from last year.

Elbin: It was great to meet you! Take care and I'll be watching for you in the stands. [smile]

Now I guess I better make my way back out without getting caught.

Valtonous: Good Luck! Oh and don't forget to stop by one of them food carts. They have the best food in the city!

Elbin: They have the best pastries!

Thanks! I'll see if I can find one on my way out.

Before leaving, I stopped at a food cart and grabbed quite a few pastries for snacking on later. Still being dressed as a janitor I walked past several guards and none stopped me. Once I returned to the balcony I changed into my climbing gear, grabbed my bag and climbed down the wall. The guards from earlier were still there frozen in place. When I was a safe distance away, I adjusted the settings on my Freeze Ray and released the guards. Back to my campsite I went.

I have a feeling the guards won't be too happy about people carrying freeze rays around colosseum grounds, haha.

Fortunately new regulations seem to have succeeded in barring team management from employing the kind of security we saw last year. :whistle: