cmorgan4

I'm currently working on the last constellation in the plot, the Hunter, and my telescope says that the stars I'm using don't show any constellations? I've finished the gears section, and clicked on the squares that show the rest of the constellation. I went back and checked that my coordinates were correct, and I've done it about three times, all with the same result. Is there something I'm forgetting to click on before I complete the constellation? I'm using the guide on this website.

Thank you for your help!!

-Christina

Generally when this happens, it means you have the right stars, but you haven't connected them together quite right. The Hunter is a particularly tricky constellation:

altadorplot_77.png

If you look at the central line of stars (making up the "arrow"), you'll notice there's actually more than one way you can connect the stars together. Unfortunately my memory of this constellation isn't that sharp, but I believe the correct method is to chain the four stars in the middle line together, one after the other. You can try a few other connections if in doubt.

Good luck! :)