Question about lending items for avatars

katedid85

I have read the rules about number of posts and number of avatars being the standard by which people judge others worthy for lending. I was wondering if previous lending plays any part in whether or not you lend. I mean, obviously, you aren't going to lend to someone if they steal your stuff. If someone has done a couple of lends and they are very good about it, does that help you decide if they don't have enough posts or avatars?

The reason I ask is because, I have under 25 posts and under 200 avatars (I'm horrible at games). I have done some lends in the past and try to get the items back to their owners ASAP. Does this influence your decisions at all for future lends?

Thanks! :rolleyes_anim:

Since you're talking about the post-avatar combination, I assume you mean pet lending, as our item lending it set up so that you don't even need an account on the forums so long as you have proper collateral.

For pet lending, as we cannot accept any form of collateral, we use the post-avatar combination (and more posts means you need less avatars) as a means of evaluating your dedication to TDN (as someone who enjoys our community and is active in it is generally less likely to actively harm the ALP by stealing a pet) and your dedication to your Neopets account (as stealing a pet will get you frozen, and if you've put a lot of work into your account you probably don't want that). The only form of voucher we take into consideration is a member who has been in good standing with TDN for a long time (a staff member, or a respect Fantastic Member, for instance).

Well, not just pet lending. I mean if someone does not have full collateral for a very hard to get item.

I will give you a specific example: The Chokato avatar is 4million neopoints to lend. What if someone only has half of that, but has participated in a few other lends? Would the other lends have any impact or would you only take full collateral?

For item lending, previous lend history really doesn't factor in. (Unless items have been stolen, at which point that leads to no future lending to that person.) We don't lend for free, so a member requesting a lend, whether they have a lend history or not, either has the collateral and can be lent to, or doesn't have the collateral and they have to wait until they do have it.

However, we do offer reduced collateral. After 100 posts here on the forums, a member is eligible for reduced collateral lends. The amount the collateral is reduced is based on the number of posts.

(Just remember to never spam to achieve a higher post count. All posts should contribute to the community and conversation.)

• 8 months later...

From the ALP item lending rules:

1. Free lending never happens. We do, sometimes, lend for reduced collateral however. Reduced collateral lending is based on your post count on TDN Forums, as well as your previous lending history with the ALP. You will need over 100 posts to qualify and the more you have, the lower the collateral you will need. If you are not a member of the forums, or you don't have enough posts to qualify yet then you will be required to have full collateral.
  2. The ALP accepts both pure NP and ETS (easy-to-sell) items as collateral. We prefer not to accept HTS (hard-to-sell) items as collateral, but you may discuss that with us further if they are all you have. Keep in mind, the Trading Post limit is 10 items plus 800,000 NP. All collateral must be able to fit in one trade or one auction. We do not do split trades or split auctions.

• 1 month later...

I have a question too, sorry if already answered somewhere else - when lending pets, I understand that the more posts you have, the less number of avatars you need. Is it working vice-versa, i.e. if I have more avatars I could have less that the required posts?

Thank you :)

It works both ways. The more posts a member has, the fewer avatars required and the more avatars, the fewer posts required.

There is a bare minimum though. Before applying, the member must have at least 25 posts and 150 avatars. If those requirements aren't met, the member isn't eligible for pet lending until they fit those requirements.