Super Attack Pea...

Let me start off by saying, please excuse the rest of my statement for two things. 1) Being painfully obvious to anyone relevant, and 2) Being grossly under exaggerated.

...is really expensive!

When I left neo a few years ago (before the transfer option) I noticed a lot of people wanted that avatar and I always thought it was because a pea chia was hard to come by and therefore people didn't like pounding and hoping people could successfully get their pet before anyone else does. I also never tried to get the avatar because up until recently I didn't have the SLM, I also didn't want to miss catching someone's pet in the pound. But when I crept back over to the avatar boards the other day and saw they were still riddled with something along the lines of "lend me SuAP" I realized the pet thing probably wasn't the reason all these people wanted this avatar but couldn't seem to get it. (Especially considering how many different people are willing to lend their avatar pets now!!) I disregarded it wondering why people don't just save up for the Super Attack Pea and buy it themselves, and then a few days ago I was in the avatar boards and I saw one where the girl said she had collat of 90mil but she knew that wasn't enough, and I about lost it! I looked on TDN avatar solutions and saw it was estimated around 1 billion, wow!

Do any neo veterans remember if it's always been this expensive or if the inflation caused it to increase? Anyone know how much the item was before the avatar came out? I always find it really interesting seeing how prices skyrocket after an avatar is released.

cliffs: never tried to get SuAP avatar, therefore never knew how much it was; recently found out how much it was; proceeded to soil my pants.

It is 1 billion NP because as long as its current owners do not discard it, it will NEVER restock in the cove. In other words there is a limited number of this item in circulation and many of its owners are no longer active (i.e. quit neopet). I do not know how many of these are made but it might be lower than 100 in Neopia.

To make matter worse, it is the strongest BD weapon in terms of raw power if you don't count Lord Darigan's sword.

So 1B NP is not really expensive for an item of such caliber.

Don't let the price deter you from attempting to get the avatar! Many people are gracious enough to lend for free on avchat. If you have a fairly reputable account, you have a decent chance at a lend.

Work towards upgrading your account. A lot of things lenders look at are high avatar counts, many trophies, plenty of site themes, neocash items, large galleries and nicely painted/customized pets etc

I'm pretty in awe of the SuAP just because of how much it's worth.. I too would be very interested to know how much it used to be worth before it retired.

Well a 6-7 years ago it was already at like 500 million NP.

It (semi)-retired pretty fast actually, since there is only a fixed number of them created. In other words, there is no such thing as a "before retired" price. It was pretty much always in the hundreds of millions even before it sky rocketed to 1-2 billions. Anyone know the exact amount of them still left? Less than 25?

Now if someone who has it discard it, it might still reappear in the cove. Not 100% sure they still enable that "restocking" feature. Wish they released the ones that are stuck in frozen accounts.

It is 1 billion NP because as long as its current owners do not discard it, it will NEVER restock in the cove. In other words there is a limited number of this item in circulation and many of its owners are no longer active (i.e. quit neopet). I do not know how many of these are made but it might be lower than 100 in Neopia.

To make matter worse, it is the strongest BD weapon in terms of raw power if you don't count Lord Darigan's sword.

So 1B NP is not really expensive for an item of such caliber.

Wow, I had no idea about most of this stuff. I didn't realize how limited the quantity was! I knew they were rare because I couldn't find any on the TP or anything! That's really interesting though! I didn't even realize it was so strong either!

I'm pretty in awe of the SuAP just because of how much it's worth.. I too would be very interested to know how much it used to be worth before it retired.

Yeah, I now have a new found appreciation for it as well! I think "pre-avatar" prices are always interesting because I remember years ago before secret avatars were even around I had a meowclops because it was the cheapest petpet I could find at around 3k and now it's in the MILLIONS!

Don't let the price deter you from attempting to get the avatar! Many people are gracious enough to lend for free on avchat. If you have a fairly reputable account, you have a decent chance at a lend.

Work towards upgrading your account. A lot of things lenders look at are high avatar counts, many trophies, plenty of site themes, neocash items, large galleries and nicely painted/customized pets etc

Thanks for the kind words! I'm pretty realistic and I don't think my current account it near reputable enough yet, but I'm currently working on it! I feel like a good goal is the adam avatar and then after I reach that many np use them to pay for more avatars/pbs and such :)

Well a 6-7 years ago it was already at like 500 million NP.

It (semi)-retired pretty fast actually, since there is only a fixed number of them created. In other words, there is no such thing as a "before retired" price. It was pretty much always in the hundreds of millions even before it sky rocketed to 1-2 billions. Anyone know the exact amount of them still left? Less than 25?

Now if someone who has it discard it, it might still reappear in the cove. Not 100% sure they still enable that "restocking" feature. Wish they released the ones that are stuck in frozen accounts.

Wow! That's incredible! It's really hard for me to fathom the idea that there are so little in existence. Also it would be cool if they did release the ones in frozen accounts :) The idea that there are so few and there are still some out there that are just stuck is a little ridiculous to me; but hey, it keeps the interest up and the price high :)