Morphing potions vs. transmogrification potions?

ehoffy

Basically what she said.

Transmogrification potions are purely for morphing pets into mutants, morphing potions are to morph a pet into some other color (Whatever the morphing potion title is.).

They're basically the same thing, just have different names. Probably because Sloth created the mutant pets iirc.

Also, typically, transmogrification potions are cheaper than morphing potions. That's why a lot of users will buy a transmogrification potion and a paint brush instead of just buying the desired morphing potion.

And morphing potions restock in shops, transmogrification potions are given via random events by Sloth :)

I actually would say buying morphing potions of a specific pet/species combination is usually much cheaper than buying a Transmog Potion + Paint Brush especially when it comes to more expensive colours, like Maraquan, Plushie, Darigan, Faerie, Island, etc. Transmogrification Potions tend to be more expensive because they do give you a mutant pet - popular mutant pets like Draiks and Acara [Transmog Potions] will cost so much more than any morphing potion for that species because again, they come purely from random events and the NeoCola Machine only, unlike Morphing Potions which restock quite regularly in the Magic Shop and AAA.

And morphing potions restock in shops, transmogrification potions are given via random events by Sloth :)

I actually would say buying morphing potions of a specific pet/species combination is usually much cheaper than buying a Transmog Potion + Paint Brush especially when it comes to more expensive colours, like Maraquan, Plushie, Darigan, Faerie, Island, etc. Transmogrification Potions tend to be more expensive because they do give you a mutant pet - popular mutant pets like Draiks and Acara [Transmog Potions] will cost so much more than any morphing potion for that species because again, they come purely from random events and the NeoCola Machine only, unlike Morphing Potions which restock quite regularly in the Magic Shop and AAA.

I haven't done the research lately. Maybe my impression is outdated!

Some Transmog potions are MUCH cheaper than even basic coloured Morphing Potions (I was absolutely agog that an Aisha one was cheaper than ANY colour morphing potion, for example), but Mutant pets that are highly sought after have very expensive Transmog potions. It just depends! :) Acara and Draik, as mentioned, and I believe Kau is also quite expensive.

Not entirely! It's mostly depending on specific species nowadays, like kacheek Transmog Potions are far less expensive than any morphing potion, mostly due to the fact that there aren't a lot of Kacheek MPs available, while MPs like ogrin, kougra, and koi will be super cheap due to the fact that some wheels give them out (and only ogrins have TPs for them xD)

It's mostly going through the trades to see what's out there - no matter what you want to do there's an option to cheap out!