Lab ray mishap! Need help!

clevengerxlove

So I made a new neopet, my other ones have all had the same thing happen to them as this one, and I used the lab ray on him and he changed gender! My boyfriend and I share an account and it's his neopet. I've wasted over 100,000 by making new ones because I read a bunch of high priced books to them to just throw them away. Is there any way I can change his gender back?

The only ways I know of changing gender would be:

1. Use the lab ray again (Not recommending that..)

2. Fight the lab ray scientist in the battledome. (apparently he can change your gender during the fight by using a certain weapon/attack?)

Fight the Lab Ray scientist at the battledome. As far as I'm aware it doesn't matter whether you win or lose. If you don't have him as a challenger, refreshing at the lab ray page (not certain if it isn't the pet selection scree, though, somebody more knowledgeable will probably come and explain) should do it :)

Edit: Ninja'ed!

Edited by Nimphal

Every so often in battle, he uses a Strange Potion, which changes the gender of your pet. So, it's not automatic that the gender will change when you fight him, since he needs to use that weapon, but you can keep fighting until it changes and then stop so it doesn't change again.

• 2 weeks later...