Cross-painting ideas/help?

~Xandria

Hello TDN'ers! So I pretty much already know the basics of cross-painting and I'm thinking I want to crosspaint a pet soon. Problem is, I don't know what most crosspainted pets look like and I don't want to end up with something I don't like. I'll more than likely do a faerie/royal combo but I've only seen one pet painted that way - a shoyru. They are absolutley beautiful but I'd like to see others or at least try and get some ideas before I make any major decisions.

So, does anyone with crosspainted pets have any insight to offer?

Thanks! <3

I'd start by checking out the combos you're interested in on Dress to Impress. You can have your base be the pet color you want your final product to be, then put on the clothes from other PBs and see what they look like together. That way you're sure you like it before you spend a ton on painting.

I think that a lot of pets look amazing crosspainted. It's pretty easy to see what some look like by going onto dress to impress and looking up just paint brush clothing. :D

(Personally, transparent/royal crosspaints are AMAZING - especially royal boy chombys!)

Desert clothing often looks amazing on Maractite and Zombie pets (gold with the maractite is gorgeous, and I love the undead king look!)

It can be hard to narrow down, but start with looking through species you like, and see what paintbrush clothing they have. You can take that to dress to impress, and try that clothing on other colours- that's what I did for Ansteigen! :D

A couple of ideas:

medium_preview.pngmedium_preview.pngmedium_preview.pngmedium_preview.pngmedium_preview.pngmedium_preview.png

You guys are both so awesome! I had no idea I could do that. Hehe. How cool. Now I'm off to discover which one will be my permie. :) I can't wait!

And don't forget that you can work with more than just PB clothes after you cross paint.

4.png

This is my Lupe, Chrisary. Starry/Christmas crosspaint, which is fairly simple in and of itself, but the other items I have on him makes it unique and gives him a lot of personality.

I can't wait to see what you come up with, Xandria! And don't forget, you can use the clothes from a couple different colours- Desert and Royal and Usuki clothing all on the same pet if you really want! :D And yeah, the backgrounds and trinkets you add to the pet afterwards makes them even more special!

If I may throw out my opinion:

http://pets.neopets.com/cpn/Detestion/1/4.png

Halloween/Maraquan Hissi...

My best pet combo I have ever had.

The Halloween bones also look amazing on Darigan! :) (actually, I think those bones would look fab on any colour. Can't really go wrong!)

Desert and Royal pets often have the best clothing (I love your Zombie/Royal Krawk idea Rebecca - so much character potential there), but not always the best base colours. I would have to concur with DTI, I always use that site to test out my ideas and often end up with such a high-priced customization! So use at your own risk :P

I just wanted to throw some more ideas into the mix:

medium_preview.pngmedium_preview.png

I look forward to seeing what you come up with Xandria!