Hello and nice to meet you!

Mariposa

Hey, all!

I just joined the forums so I thought I would post here to say hi.

I'm a 27-year-old teacher and grad student who has been on Neopets for just over 12 years. Even though I go through periods where I rarely visit Neopets, it's always great to come back to the site after I've been away for a while. I started playing more seriously last November after a 2 year hiatus and have been trying to catch up on all I've missed.

Neopets has been a part of my life for so long that it gives me a nice, warm, home-y feeling to browse around the Neopian worlds and reminisce about the way things were way back when I was 15 and was addicted to playing Mummy Maze, had a slow dial-up internet connection, and thought that 2000 NP was a huge amount of money (I remember buying a ~4k book to read to my Kacheek and saving up NP for like a week in order to buy it)!

Currently I am a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of person, so I do a little of everything. I collect stamps and trading cards and avatars, I train one pet for the Battledome and read Booktastic Books to another, and play a lot of games. I don't have particularly great stats in any of these but I enjoy working toward a variety of goals, so I thought it would be fun to join a forum of like-minded Neopians to discuss my neo-adventures with.

Nice to meet you, and I'm looking forward to browsing the forums. :)

Welcome to TDN, I'm Jordan! :D

We are both similar in that we like to work on all kinds of aspects of our accounts! I'm certain you'll enjoy your time here. :)

Welcome to TDNF Mariposa! I remember when I though 2k was a lot. I only ever had 80k~ at the max when I was younger. It came from selling a Techo Transmog potion at...88k or so. Ah, being young and innocent. <_<

*cough* I'll stop rambling about my stupid adventures as a kid. :P

Hey Mariposa!

I don't think you could have described how I play any better! I've been a long time player as well that has on and off phases, but I always seem to return and enjoy remember what I liked so much about Neo when I was a kid.

I try my hand at stamp, card and avatar collecting, but can't master most of the games or the really expensive ones. I have a BD pet, one I read to, one I take to the employment agency, etc. I'm not playing a ton of games at the moment, I spend my time trying to snipe instead and although I lose most of the auctions, it seems to be working better for me.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing more about your Neo-adventures :)