So, I'm pretty sure I know the answer...

Queen

but is there ANY way to get around the 7 day wait when trading?

I'm trading my pet for a PDE -- and obviously trading pets for items is against the rules.

Is there some sort of loophole?

Like, could I purchase the egg for a discounted price or something?

I have had so many people back out during the 7 day wait, I hate risking that again...

Just curious, obviously I don't want myself or the other user to get in trouble.

:sad01_anim:

I'm not entirely sure on the rules, so take what I say with a grain of salt. However, if "trading pets for items" is in and of itself against the rules, then I seriously doubt that the price (discounted or not) is going to change anything.

What do you want the egg for? Do you want to sell it or have it as a pet? If you want to have it as a pet, then the simple answer is have the other user use the egg, name the pet what you desire, and then trade pets. If not, then I have no idea.

It's actually to hatch, and then trade next month

I don't mind waiting, to be honest, but I've had many PDE trades fall through (whether they take my name and block me, keeping the draik) or just decide at the last minute to not trade. Mostly, I'm just looking to get it before they change their mind. I'm just not willing to risk my account because of a little impatience on their part. (they don't want to wait until April, they are out of transfers) and I prefer not to pound transfer...ya know.

Trading pets for items is super against the rules, no matter how you try to justify it. Better to wait until they can hatch it and trade pet for pet. You have to ask if getting it a few days faster is worth risking your account. I'm guessing the answer is no.

Hey TNT, I've been going over the rules of trading and I know you say NO TRADING PETS FOR ITEMS, but is it allowed to trade a Neopet for a Draik egg since it can be made into a Neopet? I don't intend to do it myself but I was just curious. ^_^ Heres a cookie. *Holds out CCC* ~ghostgirl777

Draik eggs are an item, so we're gonna have to say 'no' to say consistent with the rules, sorry. You could use the same argument for trading Neopets for morphing potions and whatnot, so we just don't want to go there.

Editorial 365

Okay, and then here's a question and subsequent LONG answer in the editorial. You should probably ask if what they are doing is allowed in the editorial!

Hey TNT, thanks for the site. In last week's Editorial, in response to a question about trading customs, you said: "They are not obligated to give you their Neopet just because you spent Neopoints on painting or morphing your Neopet into something they wanted, even if they had agreed to trade with you if you did so." However, this is at odds with an earlier Editorial question (from issue 380) that stated: "By this stage it would be too late to cancel the deal. The other person has already invested Neopoints or altered their Neopet to fit the trade agreement." Which is true? Are there different scenarios where backing out after someone has completed a custom is okay? (This seems unfair to me.) Thanks, please remove my username. (: ~ username removed

We believe the confusion caused from past Editorials is that they have referred to custom Neopet trading with regard to Neopoints invested. For instance, Player A says they will trade their Royal Neopet for another Royal, so then Player B purchases a Royal Paint Brush to paint their Neopet Royal for the trade. Player A then changes their mind, leaving Player B upset and with an unused Royal Paint Brush that they had invested their Neopoints into for the purpose of trading Neopets. At this point Player B could sell the paint brush and regain all or nearly all of their Neopoints back. If Player B had painted their Neopet Royal before Player A had backed out, then they would have had enough cause to report Player A to our monitors for further investigation, but that does not mean Player A was in the wrong or a trickster.

When you agree to a custom trade, you are trading a Neopet for a Neopet. The cost of the paint brush or morphing potion cannot be considered in the trade, as that would be against our Terms of Service and trading a Neopet for Neopoints. No matter how much a paint brush or morphing potion costs, you are willingly painting your Neopet to match the trader's request, and should do so at your own risk. While we do not encourage players to back out after a Neopet has been painted or morphed, players can back out or change their minds at any time. If you think someone is deliberately abusing this to trick people, then you should report it to our monitors for them to investigate. We will warn or freeze players that we find repeatedly doing this to others.

Editorial 434.

they take my name and block me, keeping the draik

That's horrible! I am always paranoid about getting a custom done for exactly that reason. Luckily that hasn't happened yet, but I've had my share of bad trading experiences as well.

Hopefully this time works out for you!