War discussion - Tell us what your feelings and achievements in the plot!

honk_honk

Question I would love answers to:

I have never done a battle plot before, so what may be the end result in this? How is this "won" and what would the results be like? If it's like the Altador cup, does that mean only one side will win and get prizes? Or do we all get prizes, but some are rewarded for working the hardest? If that's the case then does anyone have an idea at how much work we must do?

Since I've never done a war plot I just have no clue. If it's individual based, a lot of us seem to be stuck getting to far. But if it's faction-based that I think a lot of us stand a chance. I just wish I knew.

Also: yay sway <3

Um, in the Altador Cup, everyone gets prizes and trophies, even though only one team wins. In the war, one faction will "win" based on participation, but who knows what TNT will do after that? The obelisk could turn against us all (and I hope it does, giving us some puzzles in addition to battling, though there were never any puzzles in previous wars, the last of which was ~10 years ago). Like everything else on Neopets, you'll earn a better prize depending on what you put into it. So yes, you should put as much as you can into it (though there are often caps on max participation; the "doing your part" bars might be the caps, but that's just a guess). In the Moltara "mini-plot," the prize tiers were very regimented, but there was HUGE backlash against that. I suspect TNT won't make the same mistake twice, and that somehow we'll get an exact score based on number of wins (though again, perhaps with a cap -- though my friend said there were no caps in prior wars).

So, it's both individual- and faction- based. If you want your faction to win for bragging rights/spiffier trophies, do extra battles on the wave you can barely beat. If you want yourself to get more prize points (and a better trophy level), do more battles (at the very least, fill all your "doing your part" bars) -- though no one knows (except TNT, and they're not telling) whether there are caps or what the prize structure will look like.

Unrelatedly, I'm killing the third wave with a single weapon in a single round (2-3x over). I hope we get at least a few more waves, though if they keep doubling in points, it's going to get very hard very quickly. I expect to struggle on mighty (and maybe fail) for at least the last wave, since I still need 3 more boosts for both strength and defense, and several of my weapon-types are only advanced, not expert. But I do hope to be able to beat all opponents at least on medium.

Um, in the Altador Cup, everyone gets prizes and trophies, even though only one team wins. In the war, one faction will "win" based on participation, but who knows what TNT will do after that? The obelisk could turn against us all (and I hope it does, giving us some puzzles in addition to battling, though there were never any puzzles in previous wars, the last of which was ~10 years ago). Like everything else on Neopets, you'll earn a better prize depending on what you put into it. So yes, you should put as much as you can into it (though there are often caps on max participation; the "doing your part" bars might be the caps, but that's just a guess). In the Moltara "mini-plot," the prize tiers were very regimented, but there was HUGE backlash against that. I suspect TNT won't make the same mistake twice, and that somehow we'll get an exact score based on number of wins (though again, perhaps with a cap -- though my friend said there were no caps in prior wars).

So, it's both individual- and faction- based. If you want your faction to win for bragging rights/spiffier trophies, do extra battles on the wave you can barely beat. If you want yourself to get more prize points (and a better trophy level), do more battles (at the very least, fill all your "doing your part" bars) -- though no one knows (except TNT, and they're not telling) whether there are caps or what the prize structure will look like.

Unrelatedly, I'm killing the third wave with a single weapon in a single round (2-3x over). I hope we get at least a few more waves, though if they keep doubling in points, it's going to get very hard very quickly. I expect to struggle on mighty (and maybe fail) for at least the last wave, since I still need 3 more boosts for both strength and defense, and several of my weapon-types are only advanced, not expert. But I do hope to be able to beat all opponents at least on medium.

Thank you for answering my question. :)

And I myself do just fine on easy on this new wave, but I know I'll be beat on the next one. I probably won't be ale to kill the easy modes that come out.

I'm doing fine right now, this last waves is pretty hard, but I can get some nice wins on medium, so it's not that bad. What annoys me most, is that they reuse faerie abilities and once-per-battle items, and this is what is making thing really hard for me right now...

The resuing of abilities is frustrating, but I am glad that beating them is finally a challenge! I was getting so bored of using one item and having it be a knock out. >.< Now at least it lasts for two rounds! LOL

So what's the consensus? Should I do a ton of battles every day or just fill the bar?

Personally, I've been doing a lot more than just the bar every day. I vaguely suspect (and hope!!!) that'll make a difference come prize time.

What do you guys think?

I think the bar = the cap for individual prizes (but not for the team), but it's just a guess, and I know I'd kick myself a lot more for not participating extra and losing out on fantabulous prizes than I would for doing "extra" that only counts for the team and not myself. So I'm trying to get some extras in, but I'm not going crazy (well, maybe some consider it crazy); so far I have 100+ mighty wins for each opponent in the first three waves, and I should get there for wave 4, eventually.

Each participant needs to decide how much they want to do. Some people have several hundred wins against each; that's too much for me. My 100 each could be too much for a lot of people (for me, the first three waves were single-round battles, and even the fourth wave is ~90% single-rounds). I spread the wins out over several days as I went along. I certainly wouldn't stay up all night battling.

So what's the consensus? Should I do a ton of battles every day or just fill the bar?

Personally, I've been doing a lot more than just the bar every day. I vaguely suspect (and hope!!!) that'll make a difference come prize time.

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure the bar is there as the maximum number of point-scoring battles - it wouldn't really make sense as a minimum, after all.

I'm pretty sure the bar is there as the maximum number of point-scoring battles - it wouldn't really make sense as a minimum, after all.

That's also what I'm assuming. On the first day of each wave, I do the achievements and fill the bar. The following days I make sure I get my 15 prizes by fighting the latest wave and making sure that I've beat each challenger an equal number of times (slightly OCD). So if there are additional points to be made, I'll get a bonus. But I'm not expecting to get credit for anything more than the achievements and doing your part.

Five times thirteen wins on Easy and I have filled the bar for the fourth wave. I don't think I'd do my part if it'd be all losses and defeats - it's too depressing, takes ages and just doesn't seem right somehow. However, not judging those of you who do. On the contrary, I admire your stamina and determination.

That's also what I'm assuming. On the first day of each wave, I do the achievements and fill the bar. The following days I make sure I get my 15 prizes by fighting the latest wave and making sure that I've beat each challenger an equal number of times (slightly OCD). So if there are additional points to be made, I'll get a bonus. But I'm not expecting to get credit for anything more than the achievements and doing your part.

I also have been a bit OCD, but that has changed with the last faction. I can beat everyone but I can also lose more easily with some than the others so I'm focusing on the easiest to beat.

I really regret the fact that you need keys (hence NC) to open the luminous casks. They look so mysterious.
Also I think it's a shame that you can't pass them on to friends who do have NC an would be able to open them. It's such a waste.

how do you give someone an item for the 2nd achievement?

Oh this took me a while to figure out as well. Basically click the item you want to give away and scroll down to "Give to Neofriend." (The person in question does not have to be your Neofriend.) Then just type in that person's name into the text box and you're good to go!

I am SO proud of myself. I managed to get the "Warm Fuzzies" achievement all on my own - my standard battle set and a few well-timed muffins!

I then started to pound away at losing my way to a full "Doing Your Part" bar, (because I wasn't going to pay for that many muffins!) and then one of the BP team members gave me some epic gear at which point I was slicing through the leaders. (Well, Rasala at least, I didn't bother with anyone else!)