Set Advice Please (mid-range)

siniri

I need weapons advice given that today is HT discount day and there's a war on. I'm mostly a 1p battler (plots, DoN, avatars), but if it's to be a war, I guess I'm going to have to learn 2p. I'd like to add 1-2 items to upgrade my set a bit, preferably something(s) from the HT so I don't overpay, that will serve me well in the looming war and yet also work well in my usual 1p battles.

Current stats:
Level: 297
Health: 580 / 580
Strength: ULTIMATE (595)
Defence: ULTIMATE (590)
Move: ULTIMATE (585)
Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (1009)
(I train in Ninja School and w/ lab ray, though I try to keep things balanced. I cancelled a training today because zed codestone prices had doubled in 4 hours. I need ~10 days of training to get everything to the next boosts/training level.)

My current weapons:
2x Ylanas blasters (att 5F 2A 3E 3P each)
Hanso charisma charm (att 5L 5E, def all D)
Heavy robe of thievery (def 2L, 100% steal - if stealing is active during the war, 1x/battle)
Bag of healing dust (heal 50% of max HP, 1x/battle)
Randomly Firing Freeze Ray (50% freeze or 50% att 2W 2A, 1 freeze/battle?)
Downsize! (def half of everything, 1x/battle)
Parasol of unfortunate demise (def all L 3W 2-5E)
Devious top hat and cane (att 2A 2P, def 3L 3E 3P - if attacked w/ air, def +3P)
Leaf shield (def 5E 5W 3P)
Earthen scorchstone (def 5A 5D)
Yooyuball goal net shield (def all A if attacked w/ E, def all F if attacked w/ A, or nothing)

I've also got a few of some 1-use/fragile items:
ornate fighting fan (att 5A 5E 5P) - 1 use
amulet of darkness (ref 75% D 25% F) - 1 use
amulet of reflection (ref all F all D) - 1 use
jade elixir (full heal) - 1 use
thick smoke bomb (def all) - 1 use
double dryer (ref 50% A) - fragile
turbo flame reflector (ref 50% F) - fragile
dual battle mirror (ref 50% L) - fragile
expert lens (ref 50% L) - not sure if it's fragile?
artisan lens (ref 25% L 25% E) - not sure if it's fragile?
ultra dark reflectorb (ref 50% D) - fragile
only 25% reflectors for earth and water - fragile
scroll of freezing (freeze 100%) - 20% fragile
several of the 15-icon attacking muffins (various combinations of icons) - 1 use
fire jug (att 3F 2L, def all W 2E) - 1 use
slippery floor potion (att 2A 2W 2P, def all F all W) - 1 use
stream of light (att 2A 2L, def all D 2E) - 1 use
several magic potions that def all of a single icon - 1 use

I do have a lot of TFR plot points left, so I could buy Brynns legendary sword, but it doesn't seem all that different from the blasters (or another Hanso charisma charm, but I don't think I need two of those). I don't think I've spent last year's AC points either, though I didn't get very far in that, so if there were weapons, I may not be able to afford them. I don't want to overpay, so I'm mostly looking at HT items, mostly a shield or bomb, but maybe an upgraded attack weapon? Not sure what's best to round out my set. I'm looking to spend ~8M, but it's flexible. Thanks for any advice!

I strongly suggest a full freezer. MMofM are in the Hidden Tower, and when you get one you can resell your Random Freezer at a vastly inflated price.

Leaf Shield is of limited use against only a few battledome foes, mainly a cybunny with post traumatic stress syndrome. I would suggest you keep a royal blue cloak if the price isn't that outrageous.

Your stats are better than mine, I was training to get to a Heavy Robe but decided to increase endurance instead. Also, make sure your plot points are still good, if you can get another HCC or Wraithsmitt and sell at an inflated price, you'd be doing great. Then you'd be that much closer at upgrading your bomb.

Also, I am a big fan for the Alt Swordbreaker. Protects full physical with no recoil, and does five earth attack. Good situational weapon.

Thanks for the advice. I was actually considering the following HT items:

Attack upgrade:

Sword of * (anagram swords)

Pirate Captains Cutlass

Skarls Hasty Mace

Kelpbeards Trident

Jhudora the Dark Faerie Doll

Glittery Faerie Dust

Shield Upgrade:

Shield of Pion Troect

Shield of Faerieland

Pirate Captains Hat

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield

Ghostkershield

Faerie Tabard

Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour

Freezer Upgrade:

Magical Marbles of Mystery

Bomb "Upgrade" (to replace nothing, really):

Ghostkerbomb

Dual Duty/Unique:

Mask of Coltzan

Bracelet of Kings

I just don't know what the weakest component of my set is, particularly in 2p, and thus which is the most important to upgrade.

ETA: Guess I'll have to figure it out myself. I'll be checking back again until ~10pm NST. Thanks again for any insight anyone can offer.

It looks like you could benefit from pretty much any of those upgrades. The biggest factor will probably be your budget.

For your constant, I recommend the anagram swords, KBT, or PCC. Glittery Faerie Dust can be good in 2-P because of the randomness, so it's hard to defend against, but that won't help you much in 1-P, and the anagram swords/KBT/PCC have more icons. (By the way, even though it's a war, we're still expecting 1-P battling. That's how the Curse of Maraqua War was.) Skarls Hasty Mace is a good weapon, but I would only get it if you can't afford the anagram/KBT/PCC weapons. Skarls tends to do less damage than those. Do NOT get Jhudora the Dark Faerie Doll. It can't be eqiupped; it can only be used as a weapon when it comes from Aisha Myriad.

For your shield, those are all good options. I personally would pick one of Faerie Tabard, HNMS, Ghostkershield, or Dr. Sloths Personal Body Armour. They all block one full icon and a variety of other icons. I am unimpressed by Shield of Pion Troect because it pretty much only defends earth. Unless you're planning to battle opponents who mostly deal earth damage, I would pick a different one. Shield of Faerieland seems okay but it doesn't block as much of a variety as the others. Pirate Captains Hat is really nice because it blocks two full icons, but it's semi-fragile, so use cautiously.

Freezer and bomb are excellent choices. You can't get better than that unless you want to pay up the wazoo.

Mask of Coltzan and Bracelet of Kings are interesting options. I like dual duties, so for that I'd like Mask of Coltzan, but you can do more damage and defend more icons from a anagram sword/HNMS combination than 2 Masks of Coltzan. That's why I switched from dual duties and don't plan to go back. Bracelet of Kings could be good, especially with a multiple heal. I like using healing as a defense in my own strategy. However, the variability of a weapon where I don't know if it's going to attack or defend would not fit into my strategy. Before purchasing, you should think about if it fits in to yours.

Good luck with your decision!

Let me just say I am in love with your pet's stats (they're soooo high and sooooo even O.o) I definitely agree with both Lamppost and coltom - particularly in coltom's advice of using the plot points and selling the items, and with getting a 100% freezer.

First and foremost, you don't need the upgrade from YBlaster to Brynns Sword. In my opinion, although Brynns Sword does a few more fractional icons, YBlaster does more favorable icon types. All of the items you have are pretty beneficial and your set is actually pretty good. Considering your pet's strength boost and defense boost, you can pretty much dish out and take as much damage as you want.

What coltom said is actually right. Selling your RFFR, YBlasters and possible items from plot points could definitely be beneficial to your upgrading. You could earn millions! Millions I tell you! (I have a flair for the dramatic, and I apologize O:) )

For your items though. You can consider (for 2p only) the combination of Blue Draping Cloak and Sophies Magic Hat which covers 3 icons of every icon, except earth which it covers 10 icons of. The combination of Ghostkershield & Faerie Tabard covers at least three of every possible icon + 2 full blocks.

For constants, definitely go with one of the anagram-type weapons = "Sword of" series, Kelpbeards Trident and all that. I personally choose Skarls Hasty Mace because it poses the biggest payoff but you'd want consistency with those stats, so go with one of the "Swords" :D

Also, sell Devious top hat and cane. Those defense icons are fractional, I have seen that they are 2.6 making this a fairly weak shield. I have not checked to see if Devious top hat and cane has risen in price but I suspect that it has.

As far as profit, selling inflated shop/plot items for HTower items makes good sense. Hidden Tower items are nearly constant in price, not subject to inflation until they are retired. MMoM, KBT, SK Mace would all be good items.

P.S. Battledome is awarding codestones again. Not many, but I just picked up four and a five dubloon, plus new crappy items in the last hour.

Thanks, everyone, for all the helpful advice. I bought Kelpbeards Trident. I'll see how I'm doing in the war and decide whether I need Pirate Captains Hat (the only decent item I can still afford) and whether it's worth paying full price for it, or if I can wait to save up for a better shield and/or MMoM.