TDN email/contact?

Annieji

Just curious - is there a reason why a moderator would contact you via neomail on Neopets?
(just to give you bad news?)

Why don't they contact you via the email address you submit when you sign up?
This is the only time this has happened, seems weird because I don't even know this person on Neo!

Doesn't seem very professional!

Thanks!
Scarlet Annieji :withstupid:

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact hrtbrk if you have any questions regarding this action.

The message you received was from me, for the ALP chains. All ALP correspondence is done via Neomail after the initial application is submitted. The concerns listed were noted as reasons why you were not accepted for pet chains this month.

The topic of the NM should have been "ALP chains" and the message stated that it was about "pet chains".

Well. As a person who never really checks their email, they may assume that they will not be able to reach you there. I'm sure there are lots of people here who rarely use their emails. (I only check mine once every two weeks or so.) Since they know you are probably on neo a lot, they contact you there to make sure you get the message. I really don't see how you would consider it unprofessional of them to send you a neomail though? They are regular neopets players just like everyone else.

I can't really give anymore insight other than that since I don't know the issue at hand. The only time I've been contacted by staff is for a petlend or something related to that. (Aside from the staff members I'm neofriends with)

Edit: Woops. Clarified by Anime. :)

Additionally, there is no guarantee that your registered forum email address will remain valid. Many people change email addresses for various reasons, and they won't necessarily remember to update every forum account with a new email address. However, when you apply to the ALP, there is an implicit guarantee that the Neopets account you apply with is valid (if not, it's a moot point anyway), so the ALP staff contact you directly through the clearest, most stable line of communication available.

You don't get much more professional than that. ;)

Eh, no big deal, was just different to me & kinda threw me off; the only people on neo who write me are friends & potential traders, mostly - once in a rare while I get someone who likes Kougras or my attempt at a gallery (lol) but that's about it!

Thanks for explaining!
Doesn't seem so odd, now!
Thanks!
Annieji (& Even More Confused Kougra Family lol)