Trouble logging in.

Alishkah

Hey,

I logged out earlier today and then tried to log in just before but it wouldn't work.

I had to enter my password and birth date, So I did, but I kept getting told I'd entered the incorrect birthdate.

I now can't log in until tomorrow according to the message that came up after three times.

*sigh*

Has anyone else had this happen?

I've had to enter bd and pw before to login and it worked then, So why not now?

:/

This is a security feature and it can be a bit of a pain. It's there to make sure someone is not trying to hack into your account.

There's no real way to avoid it. When you are able to log back in I would suggest going into your user prefs and make sure the birthdate they have there is the same one as you were putting in. If it's different I'd write it down/record it somewhere on your computer. Don't do this if it's a shared computer of course and only put it somewhere you know you can find it and no one else can.

You will probably have to wait until the new Neo day starts before you can log in. Though you might be able to get in sooner as you haven't been trying to login in a while. Good Luck!

First, go look at your account now. Are any of your pets missing, anything obviously wrong? If they are, click the spoiler. If not, wait till the new neo day and try again. If it still doesn't work, ask for a password retrieval email. Give it 15 minutes and make sure you check all of your email folders (spam/junk too). If it's not there, click the spoiler.

Someone might have got into your account. Don't panic.

1) Ask TNT to freeze your account here -> http://www.neopets.c...ml?abuse=report . It's for your account's safety, to prevent people getting in and out.

2) Send in a ticket and explain someone was trying to get in/got in your account. Be polite and put as much information as possible in - if you're a premium member or if you've used NC cards are very good uses of proof. Other things like old passwords, neofriends, items in your closet, anything that's hard to know.

3) Get back to us

I really hope you don't have to click the spoiler.

Yes I've had this happen every day for ages and couldn't figure out why because I was putting the correct password in and the correct birth date. I put a ticket in and they surprisingly got back to me within a few hours and they told me somehow a glitch happened and they put a number in my password. They fixed it and I was back on and it hasn't happened since. If it happens again tomorrow, I'd put a ticket in straight away.

I hope I haven't been hacked!

I didn't even consider that.

Would suck spesh since I'm premium. :/

Thanks for the replies, Guys.

Everyone else has seemed to handle the info you were looking for (and weren't looking for apparently :() But I just wanted to give you good wishes and tell you that I too am really hoping you weren't hacked. That would just be awful. Here's to wishing you good mojo for tomorrow when you sign in!

Don't worry until you have too. You probably entered something wrong for some reason.

Oh and you're supposed to have at least one number in your passwords so if you don't you should.

Keep in mind that TNT is changing the Lost Password form/functionality, so some funky stuff may happen while they try to implement that. I wouldn't really worry. It's a pain in the neck, but hopefully it's just being cranky because they're changing stuff around.

Thanks everyone,

It's all good now since TNT replied to my ticket.

For some reason the day of month the birthday is on changed to the same number as the month.

Oh well, Logged in now!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.