Prized possessions

Wildbreeze

What are some of your favorite things that you own? What items mean the most to you? What would you never want to part with?

Here's a different way to think about this. If there was an emergency, and you had, say, 60 seconds to grab what you could and leave, what would you take?

Things that I can't imagine parting with or getting rid of are my sketchbooks. They contain so many memories and such a long journey through my beginning and later stages of drawing. Another thing is a plush rottweiler that became very special to me after my rottweiler puppy died. These would probably be the primary things to get in an emergency.

Other things that I love are my tablet and, recently, my TARDIS hoodie. ^_^

There are also things like my many, many books and stuffed animals, but none of them are quite as special and loved.

Mister Teddy is mine.

9te4qw.jpg

I wouldn't want to live without him. My grandfather gave him to me, and it's one of the only momentoes I have of him. I'd probably grab my external harddrive as well, since I store all my photos on there, but given the choice between them, Mister Teddy would win out.

I would grab my phone, as it has all of my contacts, and the doll I've had since I was a little girl. I might also grab my laptop. It was a gift from my parents for years of hard work in school. :)

It's sort of hard for me to choose just a few things. I'm an obsessive cleaner, so I only keep the most important things to begin with. Little in my possession is not attached to some emotions or memories.

Some of my most prized possessions are my Homestuck Space hoodie, my Pokemon games, but most specifically my copy of Pearl (I have a Black Trainer Card on it and more than 600 hours logged), a stuffed cat I've had since I was 3, and when it finally gets here, my Homestuck tarot deck from the Kickstarter. And my laptop of course, there's a lot of irreplaceable files on here.

My phone is probably my only inanimate object I would make an effort to grab, if the house caught on fire. (Oh, and my wallet and purse). It's not something I treasure, as such, but it has so much important information on it. But that's a boring answer, so I'll tell you what items I would be really sad about breaking or losing: My ceramic crescent moon mug, that I bought in Scotland. It's a beautiful mug and really good to drink from. And it's mine, mine, mine! Actually, I think I would take it with me if the house was burning. I'd also take my turquoise bead nose chain. I could make a new one, if I had to, but I'm strangely attached to it.

I'm like karmacow. Cell phone, handmade wallet. If the building was on fire, then we'd probably make an effort to grab the briefcase that holds all of our important information (SS cards, birth certificates, etc)

My boyfriend and I have moved about five times in the last four years so we've learned to minimize our possessions to the necessary. We didn't even have a real mattress until last year.

It's hard for me to attach to objects - I always tend to loose them. >_> I do cherish my Livestrong band though and never take it off my wrist.

It's ridiculous for a 23 but I do have a stuffed animal that I want to keep forever. So if there is an emergency, I will try to take my money and laptop (of course), then my stuffed animal =D

I have many things in my life that are important to me, but they are all replaceable

Right now the most important item is my macbook. It has all my daughter's pictures and videos stored on it and those are irreplaceable priceless moments. :D

Other than my computer some old family photos that I have stored in a tin and probably my daughter's very first teddy bear, her little stuffed Eeyore and her treasure box.

Yes my prized possessions are centered around my daughter. :D <3

If I had time, definitely the computers, external hard drives (though I have most of the pictures backed up on external HDs at my parents'), and jewelry as I have quite a bit passed down from my grandma.

Other than my purse with my driver's license and wallet and such, we don't keep our important papers at our place. They're in a safe at my parents, just in case.