Most profitable item to wish for at the well?

~Xandria

Hi guys! After recently getting very lucky and getting my wish 'a bag of peanuts' at the well (on my very first time trying!) I've decided to make it a daily from now on. I think you can make 7 wishes daily? Er, maybe it is 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening? I know it says the well 'sleeps' sometimes... so is there a certain time of day I should be wishing?

Also. I know there is a rarity cap on the well... Is it everything that's under R99? If so - what would be the most profitable item to wish for?

Thanks in advance! :)

The rarity cap is thought to be rarity 89. I don't think there are better or worse times to make a wish, but according to TDN's own wishing well guide, you're right that you can wish 2x7 times each day :)

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/wishing-well/

I typically wish for recently released "cool" items, that might be very profitable at that moment. But often I like the items so much that I decide to keep instead of sell :P Not that I've been granted a huge amount of wishes, but I've had some good luck :)

It depends on the time it was released, whether it's a one-time use item, etc. If you look at what other people wished for, that's a good point to start. For example, the Long Silver Wig could be sold for 600k, but it dropped to 150k nowadays.

Currently, per the trading post, I think it's the Evening Draik Dress (600k), followed by the Evening Draik Wig (450k). The Earth Faerie Frame (400k) is also a good item to wish for. Since those are not necessarily sought after by a lot of people, it may take a bit long to sell those items and you may have to lower the price to beat other sellers.

For easier items, I think you can try the Halloween Y14 Goodie Bag (300k), Scorchio Mummy Stamp (300k), Faerieland Petpet Shopkeeper Stamp (250k), Bag of Peanuts (250k).

You can search on JellyNeo (click here), but the prices are not always up-to-date (some items are unlisted, because there's no price attached to them yet).

Personally, I'm wishing for items I need for my gallery and a mix of the items I have listed above.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this was posted awhile back and I never responded because my settings accidentally got changed. Anyways, thank you for all the input! Sounds like Evening Draik Dress would bring in the most profit, even if I did have to sell it off at a reduced price.

Does anyone know if your chances of winning at the well get lowered if you've already won once before?

Also I'm kinda confused on how many wishes you can make daily. I know you can make a total of 14 wishes but it says that wishes are granted at 6am and 6pm. That being said, if i were to wish 14 times all at once, would my wish not be granted if it didn't fit the 'time slot'?

It's really random, there doesn't seem to be any change in odds of winning once you've had a wish granted. I've had pretty good luck with having my wishes granted.

I've probably had 10-15 granted in the last year or so. It goes in phases. I'll get nothing for a long time, then one or two, then nothing. A couple months ago, I got 3-4 wishes granted within a week, then since then, though I wish daily, I've only had 1 granted.

Also I'm kinda confused on how many wishes you can make daily. I know you can make a total of 14 wishes but it says that wishes are granted at 6am and 6pm. That being said, if i were to wish 14 times all at once, would my wish not be granted if it didn't fit the 'time slot'?

You can make 7 wishes between 6 am and 6 pm, and another 7 wishes between 6 pm and 6 am. If you wish 14 times all at once, only the first 7 will count, and any more will be just donating NP.

Also, the cutoff times change during the year to 7 pm and 7 am because of Daylight Savings Time. I'm not sure which half of the year it will be 7, though. I know right now the Food Club is glitchy because of DST, but now is the time of year where we are not in DST.