Help; Trading NC Items?

The Charismatic Enigma

I received a neomail today with someone wanting to trade for my Haunted Mansion Background. Do you trade NC items like you would with regular Neopoint items in the Trading Post? Is it usually a one-for-one trade in terms of NC items, or would I be able to get a few items in return for my background?

Similarly, does anyone know if my background is rare/could get several NC items in a trade? My Fire Uni (the_killing_MANIAC) currently has it equipped if anyone wants to see it.

<p>For me, i might: ;): But It depedns on The items beacause it use RL money and that its hard to get for free.-. , you might wann asee the items he's trading you first also make sure you have Gift boxes to send it to him(you Can't buy them unless you redeem aNC card) i Personaly would trade with Neopoints(but That have to be LOTS) But its kinda best to not

That background they are after is very very valuable.

It isn't really like the Trading Post. You can trade for as many items as the items is worth; in this case, I think the background is worth at LEAST 4,000 NC (the last I heard around Halloween, anyway)

Don't let this person rip you off because you're new to trading (not saying they will, but just be careful). You shouldn't have much problem getting other NC items equal to that value, if they really want the background.

Trading NC items for neopoint items is against the rules, so don't do that :P

http://www.neopets.com/~Llxa#h according to current trading value, your BG is trading for around 20 Gift Box Capsules (standard "currency" value of NC items). If each GBC is 200 NC, your BG is currently worth about 4,000NC, so keep this in mind when considering offers :)

NC items are "traded" by putting them in NC gift boxes and gifting them to a user and they gift you the agreed item(s) back. As you are gifting, and the agreement depends on both parties being honest and gifting the agreed upon items, make sure all trading agreements are made through neomail and you keep all neomails regarding the trade until the trade is completed. It's a little extra insurance in case the person turns out to be dishonest and doesn't complete their end of the trade.

Do I have to buy my own NC gift box in order to trade it to the person?

Also, what is a Gift Box Capsule? Can I just get 20 of those in return for my background? :D

You can get gift boxes either by redeeming NC Cards bought in real life stores, or by buying and opening Gift Box Capsules. Many people value their trades (and trade for) Gift Box capsules because they have a constant value, and, by having the person give you GBCs in exchange for your item (and them sending the boxes to you first), you don't have to buy gift boxes to send your item, you can open one of the GBCs they sent you. If you like, you could ask for 20 GBCs in exchange for your background, a mix of GBCs and other items equal to its value, or just items. It's up to you what you'd like to trade for :)