NC and Gift Boxes

Ysera

I have a question. I bought 1000 NC using my credit card expecting to get 2 free gift boxes but didn't. I later realized they were only free if I redeemed a Neocash Card. But a Neocash Card isn't available for sale in my country. So, I was wondering if there was some other online site where I can purchase a Neocash Card and then they just email me the code?

I don't quite understand why you can receive free gift boxes from the card but not from purchasing online...

Please enlighten me?

Like you, I do not understand this at all. I remember being horrified when I bought 25$ online and got no boxes. The only rational reasoning I can maybe think of behind this is that they are trying to entice others to buy the cards, as opposed to online, because then they are making the stores a certain amount of profit and the stores will continue to want to stock them? But like you've said, if you live in a Country where these cards aren't available, this is a huge problem. And I think it's rather unfair in general, anyway. They could give rare item prize codes to those purchasing the cards if they want to push people towards that option, but gift boxes are kind of essential in the NC mall world and everyone should be able to get them. This might be an interesting thing to submit into the editioral, if it hasn't been already.

I very much doubted that there's a site like that, cause as far as I know cards are only sold to stores, so for a website they would have to be purchased by a 3rd party, which would be unprofitable as cards often cost slightly more that the amount they give anyways.

Or so I thought anyways...

https://www.lgcards....p?item=25nickca

But this looks promising.

I would guess there's some kind of benefit neopets or nick gets from physical purchases and the free gifts are meant to be incentive.

But see those are still a few dollars more, because they are trying to make a profit, you may still be better off buying online.

If you have a good friend you trust in a country that sells them you could ask them to do it for you.

I would be very wary of any third-party site that sold the cards. Unless it's a reputable vendor, I'd be worried it's just a scam. Since it's your only way to get the cards, though, I can see the allure. I think talking to TNT would be the best option, but we know they're not always quick to respond.

Thanks for the responses everyone. And to Bisque, I actually already submitted this very same question to the editorial and a request to give out free gift boxes when purchasing online as well.Hopefully, it gets answered soon.

Thanks for the link icedragonair! I'll be cautious and see if I find any feedback from someone who used the site before, Lamppost.

EDIT:

Unfortunately, I can't find any other result for "Lightning Game Card" or "LG Card Neopets" that doesn't come from their own website or isn't an entirely different product...

Honestly, I wouldn't get into this, its more trouble than its worth, because like lamppost said, you're liable to get scammed.

You can look for another website, just google it.

An alternative is to check e-bay. You're less likely to get ripped off there, but I don't know if anyone one sells them. Check amazon too.

EDIT:

There are some on e-bay, but guess what? most of them are horribly over priced.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nickelodeon-Game-Card-Neopets-Neocash-25-Fast-shipping-/321045948727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abfd46937&_uhb=1#ht_558wt_1139

This one is kinda reasonable, and seller has a lot of positive feed back.

I have the same issue. I usually ask an American friend if he can get a card for me and pass me the code. I trust actual friends more than random websites. Next to that, most websites charge $12 for a $10 card -.-...

We could possibly make a topic with people who are able to buy cash cards and have paypal, then people outside of America are able to get them as well...

I don't know if this will work for you as you're out of the country, but it may work for Americans...

You can buy a $10 card from walmart.com, and they will email you the code. The downside is, is that the order has a high chance of being canceled if you order while business hours are closed, or they don't have any cards on hand... but it's worth a shot.

If that doesn't work for you, you're in luck as gift box caps are in the mall until December 31st! You have a good shot at boxes and items!

But yeah, if all else fails, try finding a friend you trust who has access to NC cards and you can paypal them the funds :)