I'm looking for a good memoir to read, your favorite?

~Xandria

Title pretty much says it all. I'd really love it if someone could recommend an interesting memoir. It's one of my favorite genres. :)

Sure, I can recommend some :)

Bowman's Store: A Journey to Myself by Joseph Bruchac

Why I Left the Amish by Saloma Miller Furlong

I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced by Nujood Ali

Looking for Lost Bird: A Jewish Woman Discovers Her Navajo Roots by Yvette Melanson

I loooooved Stacyann Chin's "The Other Side of Paradise" (trigger warning: rape). Helen Forrester had a really interesting life, as well- poverty stricken in Liverpool in the 1930s/1940s, and with horrible parents that were hugely neglectful- her story spans three books, "Twopence to Cross the Mersey", "Liverpool Miss", and "By the Waters of Liverpool". I really liked "Reading Lolita in Tehran", by Azar Nafisi as well. It's a really interesting look at a bunch of women in Iran defying the regime by reading Western literature. It's a must read for people that love books. :) "A Homemade Life" is lovely as well. It's by a woman named Molly Wizenberg, the writer of the blog Orangette. She relates, in such a beautiful way, how much food shaped her realtionship with her family, and friends. Each 'chapter' ends with a recipe that connects with the story she told in the chapter. It's really lovely. ^_^

Heh, in case you can't tell, I really like memoirs too! :)

Thanks so much you guys! I had to like every single comment because all of you gave great suggestions. :)

All of these sound really interesting. I've always loved the memoirs that date back in the early 1900's.

I'm probably going to pick a few of these up at the library today. I've been reading quite a bit lately and I just finished "A Stolen Life" by Jaycee Dugard which I probably should have already read before now. It's very sad. Crazy how much that girl has survived.