"Paint" Devil

Guest JussttBre

Guest JussttBre

After being on neopets for over 10 years I just noticed it's not paint devil... it's pant devil. Wow. Boy do I feel silly, I guess when you get used to something when your little you always see it the same after. I was talking about it outloud and my boyfriend said there isn't a paint devil which made me realize.

Awh, I know the feeling. In fact I just started a thread a couple days ago because I had been mispronouncing A LOT of the neopets species. Such as Aisha, Grarrl, Elephante, etc. It really blew my mind. After calling them A-SHA, ELE-PHANT-E and GROWL for so long I don't think I could ever see it as something else. Lawls. :)

Haha I know this feeling. It's so difficult to change the way you say something after thinking it's pronounced a certain way for so long!

I commend you if you can start saying them the proper way, because I've never been able to change!

Hahaha, still worse things have happened, you didn't, for example, think that "blatant lies" was "balant lies" for several years..... :*

Haha! I do this on a couple different things, but one in particular is safe haven. I always thought it was pronounced as "safe have-n" but apparently it's safe "hay-ven". My boyfriend has always pronounced crayons as "crowns" LOL! I still can't admit to him that I'm saying it wrong and he won't do it either, it's kind of an on-going joke. :)

Okay, only Homestucks will get this: I've always pronounced Aradia's name A-ray-dee-ah, instead of A-rah-dee-ah. :*

EDIT: I also still pronounce elite ee-lite, instead of ee-leet. :D

I've always known it was "pant devil" but I can understand why you thought it was "paint devil". I used to say "Mitsubishi" as "Mitsibushi". Heehee!

Okay, only Homestucks will get this: I've always pronounced Aradia's name A-ray-dee-ah, instead of A-rah-dee-ah. :*

Even after I realised, I still say her name A-ray-dee-ah.

I always said "for all intensive purposes", instead of "for all intents and purposes" - thankfully I figured I was saying it wrong. I'm just somewhat concerned no-one ever corrected me :P

Even after I realised, I still say her name A-ray-dee-ah.

I always said "for all intensive purposes", instead of "for all intents and purposes" - thankfully I figured I was saying it wrong. I'm just somewhat concerned no-one ever corrected me :P

Holy **** seriously? I though "for all intensive purposes" was totally a legit abbreviation of "for all intents and purposes"...

Guest JussttBre

I always thought it was "paint" as well! And honestly, since I have thought that ever since I began playing Neopets when I was younger (almost 11 years ago), I still catch myself saying paint rather than pant. :P

I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one that says it that way haha.

When I was a little girl, I kept a diary. Years went by and I found it in my closet again. That was when I realized that all my entries started with "Dear Dairy".

I laughed for a long, long time. Lol.

Ohohoho, this reminds me of my mum's inability to pronounce the (Doctor Who adversary) name "Dalek". She's always said "DARLEK" thinking there SHOULD be an R in "Dalek" SOMEWHERE, but there's not. XD And I'm the one always pronouncing the names correctly and right off the bat while my mum, who's been a Whovian for longer than my life, can't pronounce a lot of the names. LOL!

Back onto the topic of Neopets however, there are some names I pronounced differently then they were supposed to be. For the longest time, I pronounced Aisha as "Ay-sha", though I pronounce it correctly now. I still pronounce Acara as "A-care-a" and not "Ak-a-ra". I also pronounced Kreludor as "Kreeloodor", and Altador as "Ahl-tah-dor". As for Kreludor and Altador, I have gotten used to saying them correctly. I just liked my pronunciation of Acara so much that I kept it.

Oh my gawsh!!I was just looking through the neopets pronunciation guide and apparently Sahkmet is not 'sack-met' it's 'sark-met' :O I don't think I can get used to that one!!

Update: Maraqua isn't said 'maraca' it's 'marr-ack-qwa'...should've seen that coming with 'aqua' in the name...

Waaah? Taelia isn't 'tay-lee-ah' or even 'tah-lee-ah'...it's 'tee-lee-ah'...I need to stop now...this is too much for my brain to handle!!

On another note, I was shattered when I discovered that it wan't mischievious, but mischievous. Still doesn't sound nearly as diabolical, in my opinion *lol*