I hate online job applications!

Lady Lyuba

Seriously, are ALL job applications online anymore!? This is madness! Having it online makes me feel less inclined to apply especially if I have no clue where to go to apply for it. I'd much rather be handed an actual physical sheet of paper and be asked to fill that out and turn it in than to do it all online, I feel lazy applying that way and it just doesn't get done for me when I apply online.

What happened to the real life handouts? Oh yeah, the Internet hijacked everything making physical real world applications "obsolete and old fashioned". I want my handouts back!

I swear I do not belong in this time period. Somebody take me back to the 80s!

Lol. I can relate so well. I love physically writing and/or reading something. :P It seems like books are getting to be kinda obsolete now too. *sighs*

I'm in the same boat as you. Applying for jobs sucks enough as it is but when I do an application online I just feel like they won't get back to me. It's more personal if you go in, ask for one, and then turn it in. They get a chance to see your face and manerisms ahead of time Some small places will do paper applications, but most of the bigger chains don't even have those anymore.

I wish they'd give us an option. Regardless, good luck in your search! :wub_anim:

I get overly frustrated with online job forms. I don't mind when it's just sending an email to apply, in which I attach my resumé. But when they make you fill a 6-10 pages questionnaire online, that is usually badly designed, I just twitch. Also, it seems like when you apply on jobs online, you are competing with more people than when you go in person.

I get overly frustrated with online job forms. I don't mind when it's just sending an email to apply, in which I attach my resumé. But when they make you fill a 6-10 pages questionnaire online, that is usually badly designed, I just twitch. Also, it seems like when you apply on jobs online, you are competing with more people than when you go in person.

I detest those questionnaires. When I was looking for a job, every application took me roughly an hour and a half to two hours, because they were so lengthy and time consuming due to the questions. Not to mention the questions were extremely repetitive. Also, I absolutely agree that you're competing with more people by applying online, seeing as how many people are incredibly lazy in this day and age, and applying online means you don't need to get dressed/leave the comfort of your own home. I feel confident in assuming that if you were still required to actually walk into a business and ask them for a job application, you would probably be competing with a significantly smaller amount of people.

I also don't enjoy online applications. It's so much easier to just make a resume!

I wonder if you took a resume to the business if they'd just take it anyway, even though they have online applications? Maybe it'd show initiative. :) I got both my jobs by taking a resume directly to the business, but they had advertised as 'email or drop off', there was no actual online form.

Ugh, I agree with you. I spent an hour trying to do one for a bakery chain. They had seperate fields for all your work experience, which you had to find a category for (Sorry, but most of my work experience is a little odd- it didn't fit in any category!). I didn't see the point, since I had ALREADY attached my resume. It was SO lengthy and so time consuming.

A grocery store I used to work at had a personality test as part of their application. (After I got hired, I actually took a look at my personal file, and the results of my test. Apparently I was not a good candidate for an employee. They must have been pretty desperate to hire me then. Funny how I was the only person out of my hiring group that lasted more than two months. I was there for 4 years. :P)

• 2 weeks later...

The worst thing, to me, about online apps is that you can't talk to a real person unless you call a certain number or something. So impersonal. I like coming back to the same person and asking if my application was processed. If you meet with the manager you also know who is going to interview you. =/