Pokemon Diamond and Pearl!

Meeptroid

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

• Awesome! I want both games!
    • Diamond seems better...
    • Pearl seems better...
    • Whoa! What's Pokemon?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lightning Strike
I am SO gonna have Snorlax on my main team on Pokemon Diamond.. :yes:

Yes, a good annoyer certainly is useful.

Guest Lightning Strike
Annoyer? Snorlax isn't bad. He has great defense, so I have no problem with that. Also, I like him!

No, I don't mean annoyer as in annoying someone. I mean he's good with an in game strategy. Place him first, use some annoying attacks (Confusion, Thunder Wave, etc.) and then switch to Tanks or Sweepers ("the destroyer pokés") to get the victory.

As placing Ninjask first can sometimes pwn a team (and no, he's not weak).

No, I don't mean annoyer as in annoying someone. I mean he's good with an in game strategy. Place him first, use some annoying attacks (Confusion, Thunder Wave, etc.) and then switch to Tanks or Sweepers ("the destroyer pokés") to get the victory.

As placing Ninjask first can sometimes pwn a team (and no, he's not weak).

Oh, I understand now. Yeah, I like his moves when they aren't used against me. :P

I have really gotta work on stragety. o.o I rely too much on my starter and offensive attacks. I'm getting better on the starter thing though, I just need to firugre out defensive attacks a little more.

Guest Lightning Strike
I have really gotta work on stragety. o.o I rely too much on my starter and offensive attacks. I'm getting better on the starter thing though, I just need to firugre out defensive attacks a little more.

Yes, a defence is key to victory sometimes.

What's the point of a very strong offense team when it's so easy to (OH)KO them?

I meant attacks. My pokemon aren't defenseless. I just tend to prize attack and speed more. And you'd be suprised how often I get one hit KOs and the first move. Defensive attacks just aren't my speed. They tend to be less dependable.

Guest Lightning Strike
I meant attacks. My pokemon aren't defenseless. I just tend to prize attack and speed more. And you'd be suprised how often I get one hit KOs and the first move. Defensive attacks just aren't my speed. They tend to be less dependable.

OHKO's can't affect my pets, as Level 100 is the farthest you can go, and no other Pokemon can attack if it's lower or equal the target level.

First move is good, though.

Uh... what? I'll stick with my way. I've beaten the Elite 4 Hoenn, including the Water Champ, relaying mainly on my Blaziken. I think I can manage. And anyways, I haven't batteled anyone with lv 100 pokemon. If I run into someone, I'll figure it out then.

OMG i just saw a commercial for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

on cartoonnetwork!

coming in April!

and the actual games, i saw 'em in cambodia last summer :]

it looked different though...hmmm hmm

Guest Lightning Strike
OMG i just saw a commercial for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

on cartoonnetwork!

coming in April!

and the actual games, i saw 'em in cambodia last summer :]

it looked different though...hmmm hmm

Yeah, April 22nd is the US release date. I'm not waiting for the EU release this time.

Guest Lightning Strike
Usually when it comes to anime, manga, and their games, the EU releases are after the US ones, if at all.

Yes, the game industry is nearly always like this. First Japanese release, then US, and finally EU. Sometimes AU (Australia) too, after EU.

I was reading about the fourth generation, Chatot, and that Pokemon has got to be on my team. It's signature move is Blabber and you may record speech for the move! That... is.. way... too...

AWESOME!

135px-Chatot.png

I know I am! I know I am!

Guest Lightning Strike
I know! Use a pun so if you battle Anime.... I will make mine 'BILLYBOB!"

LOL, I prefer to stick with my old Pokés until I see some that really interest me. Seems the 4th generation was very badly named according to the Japanese names which PWNED.

LOL, I prefer to stick with my old Pokés until I see some that really interest me. Seems the 4th generation was very badly named according to the Japanese names which PWNED.

I don't really think that. Sure, there are quite a few names that I'm not too found of, but overall, the names are alright. Chatot is a pretty good name for that Pokemon if you ask me. On the other hand, the Pokemon Bedoof doesn't appeal to me much. The same goes for it's evolution, Beadull. Beadull sounds like a good name for a bug Pokemon though. :P

Beadull --> Beatle, it makes sense... I never name my pokemon, it just adds confusion. Id rather have a pikachu than a SuperOne5000.

I never do that either. Well, actually, I did nickname a few Pokemon before... can't remember the names though. I think most, if not, all the Pokemon RPG games have a Name Rater, so you could change your Pokemon's nickname back to the original name if you want. You just can't do it with traded Pokemon.