is it going to turn winter early?

cup_of_chai_tea

I totally agree. We had our first snow Saturday, so October 6th. (There wasn't enough to even stick though.) We generally get our first snow in October, but it's usually later in the month. (We are more likely to have snow on Halloween here than on Christmas) This is the earliest it's been in years.

Then again, the cold lasted all of 2 days. Though it's around freezing temperatures at night, most of the next couple weeks are going to be high 60s, low 70s during the day.

Probably. It's not freezing here, but it's gotten noticeably colder, and the fall leaves are almost entirely gone. Where I live, they're usually not entirely gone until early November.

I don't know if it's the same for everywhere else, but a report I read from Michigan State's weather thing suggested that the the fall leaves would arrive early, but also disappear quicker and earlier than normal due to the dry conditions or something. Eh. It's been a weird weather year.

I totally agree. We had our first snow Saturday, so October 6th. (There wasn't enough to even stick though.) We generally get our first snow in October, but it's usually later in the month. (We are more likely to have snow on Halloween here than on Christmas) This is the earliest it's been in years.

Then again, the cold lasted all of 2 days. Though it's around freezing temperatures at night, most of the next couple weeks are going to be high 60s, low 70s during the day.

I'm so jealous! I love snow! I seriously can't wait for it to snow. It's definitely my favorite time of the year.

It's been the opposite here- it's been so warm! I don't remember the last time I could comfortably sit outside in shorts in October! Usually it rains almost non-stop from September until June, lol. It was 20-odd degrees yesterday? Madness!

I'm still walking around in flip flops until it snows. I refuse to wear real shoes.

Haha. Me too! I'm getting a few raised eyebrows when I go out, but I don't want to admit winter is coming!

I was really loving the cold but it only lasted a few days here. We're back to upper 70's now :(

I live in the Southern Hemisphere so it's opposite season wise, but it's been really warm this spring it definitely feels like summer is getting close (even though summer doesn't officially begin until December).

I missed winter already after just one week of extra-warm spring lol.

Now that you mention it, it sort of does! All the rain we needed in the summer is coming in the fall, and it's been pretty cold lately to boot. Mostly I would say the seasons here are becoming a little more... extreme? Not like crazy, but generally... yeah. ;(

Hmmm well we did enjoy a nice fall-like cool front here this weekend, which was very unusual because we don't have seasons in Texas...the year is just divided into "hot" and "kind of cold" :D I hope that means winter will come early, though! Bring on the hot chocolate and sweaters!~

Yeah, I can already smell the Winter, the kind of cold and fresh air, if that makes any sense.

yea lol, it doesnt sound like it makes any sense but i think its true :laughingsmiley: i can smell the fall :icecream:

• 2 weeks later...

yea lol, it doesnt sound like it makes any sense but i think its true :laughingsmiley: i can smell the fall :icecream:

thats summer and yeah i'm kina thinking it might turn warm or no snow its getting hot here now very odd i thought it was gonna be freezin untill march:/