Help me understand the Advent Calender?

~Xandria

Hi guys! This will be my first year being on neopets for the month of Decemember. I hear so many people talk about the advent calendar... so I just have to know.

Is it just a daily prize? Are the prizes good ones? Are there any other holiday activities to take advantage of?

Thank you! <3

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

It's a daily all through December. Go to the Advent Calendar in Happy Valley (TDN will have a link on the dailies page!), and you will get to see a short animation each day, and you'll get some items and NP. There is also an avatar that's available!

The prizes tend to be kind of mediocre, but some are really awesome. The Snowbunny was originally an Advent Calendar prize, and you often get books and such, which rise in price a lot over time (Kreluden Christmas Carols cost 60k now?). There are also wearables that get released, and while they usually aren't my cup of tea, they are quite cute. :)

There aren't any other big events for Neopets in December, at least none that I can recall.

Thanks Rebecca! It's a shame that the items aren't all that great, but it does sound like there is some item investment potential. Are the prizes new each year? I think Neopets should start doing more activities for the holidays. ;)

Yep, the prizes are always new! The discriptions for the items always say that they were a prize from the advent calendar, and the year they were released. :) Like, for example, the Holidays on the Space Station Background- the discription says "Lets just hope it doesnt start to snow here! This was given out by the Advent Calendar in Y13."

Definitely some chance for profit! :)

Hahaha, I would be okay with more holiday activities too, lol. :)

Thank you guys very much! I appreciate it.