Anyone still have a stuffed animal they'd run into a burning building for?

RenegadeCatastrophe

This thread is making me cry! I'm completely moved by your stories.

I don't have anything that holds the kind of significance you guys are talking about. I have one stuffed animal that has been with me for most of my life. It used to be one of those plushie backpacks (a koala bear), and I'd bring it everywhere. It got so worn out that it wouldn't work as a backpack anymore, so my mom cut the backpack part off and stitched it back together, so I'd have it as a regular stuffed animal. It was a gift from my grandmother, so it definitely is important to me. She died a few years ago, so I don't connect it as much to her as much as my general childhood, from simpler times.

I'm going to have to find him when I get home but I have this little baby Goofy toy that I have had with me ever since I remember. I really would run into a burning building to save him...

When I was little my dad travelled a lot for business and would be gone for months at a time. Every time he'd get back he would take me to the toy store to pick out something. I can't remember why I ever picked that little Goofy toy, because he just looked odd as a baby and only had one tooth! I was about 4 years old at the time and anyway, that's what he bought for me. Ever since then it's the stuffed toy I'd take with me on trips, vacations, and visiting my dad where he worked. That Goofy toy has been all over the world! He's been to 6 continents (Antarctica still eluded us) and has been my travel buddy for 20 years now :) (I secretly still stash him in my suitcase every time I go for a trip) I've moved to about 4 different countries by myself and he's been the only one to console me when I'm lonely.

To say I'm deeply attached to him is a terrible understatement. I'd never ever think of giving him away! And I think I've only ever washed him twice. He's a little gross.

I have stuffed animal when i was small i had like a millions of them i had tutrles bears fishes and lots more but I do have a VERY BIG plushie i still have its still cuddly can fat lol^^ I got it as a present for my B-Day so i would run into a firey build i have no idea where they got it from which makes it more Vauble!

I know what you mean. When I was little, everyone knew that a stuffed animal was great. As I got older, they just started getting me gift cards to pick my own. I had so many I barely knew what to do with them.

Don't have anything like that, I am a 24 yo male though :-P

Haha, you never know, you might get something like that or find a girl with something like that. My sister's ex husband, before they got married, took Oogles (her bear that she's had since the day she was born) to Hawaii and documented his trip with pictures. Then he took all of the pictures of Oogles and turned them into a scrapbook. I'm pretty sure (before the divorce anyway) he would have ran into a building for Oogles knowing damn well how my sister felt about it.

This thread is making me cry! I'm completely moved by your stories.

I don't have anything that holds the kind of significance you guys are talking about. I have one stuffed animal that has been with me for most of my life. It used to be one of those plushie backpacks (a koala bear), and I'd bring it everywhere. It got so worn out that it wouldn't work as a backpack anymore, so my mom cut the backpack part off and stitched it back together, so I'd have it as a regular stuffed animal. It was a gift from my grandmother, so it definitely is important to me. She died a few years ago, so I don't connect it as much to her as much as my general childhood, from simpler times.

Aww! Don't cry. <3 Your story is beautiful as well. =)

I'm going to have to find him when I get home but I have this little baby Goofy toy that I have had with me ever since I remember. I really would run into a burning building to save him...

When I was little my dad travelled a lot for business and would be gone for months at a time. Every time he'd get back he would take me to the toy store to pick out something. I can't remember why I ever picked that little Goofy toy, because he just looked odd as a baby and only had one tooth! I was about 4 years old at the time and anyway, that's what he bought for me. Ever since then it's the stuffed toy I'd take with me on trips, vacations, and visiting my dad where he worked. That Goofy toy has been all over the world! He's been to 6 continents (Antarctica still eluded us) and has been my travel buddy for 20 years now :) (I secretly still stash him in my suitcase every time I go for a trip) I've moved to about 4 different countries by myself and he's been the only one to console me when I'm lonely.

To say I'm deeply attached to him is a terrible understatement. I'd never ever think of giving him away! And I think I've only ever washed him twice. He's a little gross.

I think this story is amazing. =) If you want to wash him, I posted a link earlier about a safe way to do that so nothing happens to him (in case he's getting thread bare). Embarrassing Story Alert: I used to have this bear when I was really little that I would sleep with every night but I had/have really bad allergies (to the point that I can't breathe right now) so I would wake up and he'd be all nasty (like covered in snot, it was really gross) my mom had to wash that thing like every day. Eventually it just deteriorated but trust me, I know about gross. Haha :)

ridhtl.jpg

That's my kitty Chesha. (Not a stuffed animal, I know - but certainly something I'd run into a burning building for. xD I kinda stole her name from the Cheshire cat from alice in wonderland, but Chesha sounded more female and seems to fit her fine. ^^ I just got her two weeks ago! She's so wittle. I found her as my boyfriend and I were walking to the store. She was meowing loudly in a ditch near us and was hurt. Took her to the vet and she's all better now. I've fallen in love with her!

Other than that, I do have stuffed animals I'd run into a burning building for. Especially my build-a-bear collection. I just love build a bears. xD I have one that my uncle bought for me when I was 11, he passed away the day after that. It's something I cherish forever now. Especially since he recorded his voice on it to say 'I love you' when you press it's paw. *sniffles.*

Ah, Rebecca. I feel for you honey. My Uncle practically raised me. He was the only one in my family who encouraged me to follow my dreams. He died when I was 11, way too young. He was about to become a doctor too. He was so very smart and could have taught me much more, I am sure of that. I loved him to death and to this day I still sometimes cry at night because he can't be here to see how I've changed. (He was gay - but would never admit it) I feel like if he was still here, he would feel comfortable by now to come out. My grandma (his mother) told him she would disown him if he was gay, so he always kept it a secret. Even as a young child, I knew... and I wanted so badly to tell him it was okay. Breaks my heart that he went through that.

Sorry, this is off topic a bit. Your post just reminded me is all, which is what made me bring him up in the first place. Loss is a terrible thing. I'm very sorry about your grandfather.

Awwww, I'm sorry for your loss too, sweetie. :( Your uncle sounds like such a lovely person! -hugs-

2ls9z0h.jpg

I've got a gigantic Eeyor my mom bought from the Disney store as a Christmas gift a couple of weeks ago. He's the only stuffed animal I have left. Always when I skype with my friends Eeyor sits next to me. It started out as an inside joke but now it's more of a habit. I even named us Isa and Eeyor on Skype! :D And I guess I'd be pretty sad to see him burn to death. :(

2ls9z0h.jpg

I've got a gigantic Eeyor my mom bought from the Disney store as a Christmas gift a couple of weeks ago. He's the only stuffed animal I have left. Always when I skype with my friends Eeyor sits next to me. It started out as an inside joke but now it's more of a habit. I even named us Isa and Eeyor on Skype! :D And I guess I'd be pretty sad to see him burn to death. :(

That sounded so much more morbid then I thought it would. Its amazing though! My cousin had one like that, from what I remember. I was always more of a Tigger person. =)

I have some stuffed animals I really like. Especially the dog my mom gave me when I was little and in the hospital. But I don't think I'd run into a burning building for them to be honest.

XD I understand. If anything really catastrophic happened to this apartment, I don't know what I would do. I'd have to carry out 4 cats and a dog and somehow everything else of mine that is irreplaceable. I think I'd lose my mind.

I do as well :* I don't have a picture of him at the moment but definitely will post one up when I can take one :)

When I was growing up I didn't have any brothers or sisters, and my mum was a complete nightmare so he was my bestest pal and the one I turned to when things got rough. I still sleep with him every night and I really would run into a burning building for him. His name is Teddy :3 (So weird yours is called Mr. Teddy Rebecca! <3)

I do as well :* I don't have a picture of him at the moment but definitely will post one up when I can take one :)

When I was growing up I didn't have any brothers or sisters, and my mum was a complete nightmare so he was my bestest pal and the one I turned to when things got rough. I still sleep with him every night and I really would run into a burning building for him. His name is Teddy :3 (So weird yours is called Mr. Teddy Rebecca! <3)

Hee, we were very original kids, eh? :D I can't wait to see Teddy! <3

No :(

I used to have one, it was a gift I got from my boyfriend for the last valentine's day we got to spend together before I recently moved, it was a pink bear with a red heart that said I love you, but I would have totally ran back into a burning building for it, just for sentiments purposes.

Hee, we were very original kids, eh? :D I can't wait to see Teddy! <3

Oh yes, full of imagination ;D haha. Mr. Teddy is absolutely adorable!!!!

You'll see him don't you worry :) I want to get a nice flattering picture. He's a little scruffy but very wise looking bear :3 hehe. I'm way too attached to him methinks lol.

(I used to have two fish when I was a kid cause I wasn't allowed actual pets, that were gold and silver Goldfish ... I named them Goldie and Silvery XD)

Oh yes, full of imagination ;D haha. Mr. Teddy is absolutely adorable!!!!

You'll see him don't you worry :) I want to get a nice flattering picture. He's a little scruffy but very wise looking bear :3 hehe. I'm way too attached to him methinks lol.

(I used to have two fish when I was a kid cause I wasn't allowed actual pets, that were gold and silver Goldfish ... I named them Goldie and Silvery XD)

Hee! Aww, thanks! Mr. Teddy is just overcome with all of the compliments! ^_^

Heh, no such thing as being too attached to stuffed animals. <3

LOL! Best fish names ever. x3 I had a black dog when I was a kid that we named Smokey, so I'm no better, lol.

Hee! Aww, thanks! Mr. Teddy is just overcome with all of the compliments! ^_^

Heh, no such thing as being too attached to stuffed animals. <3

LOL! Best fish names ever. x3 I had a black dog when I was a kid that we named Smokey, so I'm no better, lol.

*Squeeshes him* :wub_anim: It's so nice to see everyone's childhood/adulthood (:P) toys. So much love in this thread! ^_^

My ex ex boyfriend used to pretend to do awful things to Teddy "as a joke" (yeah whatever), made me cry my eyes out - and that was when I was 16, hahaa. I'd like to say there's no such thing as well but... I think I am. It physically pains me to think of something happening to him like it would do a living person xP

They were pretty cool fish! We ran out of fish food one day though so whilst I was at school my mum fed them porridge oats and I came home to two dead fishies :'(

Smokey isn't toooo bad ;D! Blackie is worse lol. My friend who is in his mid-20's has a black cat named Blackie, and he got her like two years ago and named her himself XD baha.

*Squeeshes him* :wub_anim: It's so nice to see everyone's childhood/adulthood ( :P) toys. So much love in this thread! ^_^

My ex ex boyfriend used to pretend to do awful things to Teddy "as a joke" (yeah whatever), made me cry my eyes out - and that was when I was 16, hahaa. I'd like to say there's no such thing as well but... I think I am. It physically pains me to think of something happening to him like it would do a living person xP

They were pretty cool fish! We ran out of fish food one day though so whilst I was at school my mum fed them porridge oats and I came home to two dead fishies :'(

Smokey isn't toooo bad ;D! Blackie is worse lol. My friend who is in his mid-20's has a black cat named Blackie, and he got her like two years ago and named her himself XD baha.

Ugh, your ex ex sounds like such a jerk. D: Why would you do that?

(I have a whooole new appreciation for my girlfriend. She hugs Mr. Teddy. :D)

I feel the same way about Mr. Teddy- so maybe that's why I don't think you could possibly love a stuffed animal too much. I've had him my entire life, and he's my closest link to the family member I loved most. I talk to him, and cuddle him when I'm sad. I don't know what I would do without him.

:love:

LMAO. XD Okay, I was four or five when we got Smokey, and my brother is just three years older than I am, so at least us naming him that is excusable, ahaha.

Ugh, your ex ex sounds like such a jerk. D: Why would you do that?

(I have a whooole new appreciation for my girlfriend. She hugs Mr. Teddy. :D)

I feel the same way about Mr. Teddy- so maybe that's why I don't think you could possibly love a stuffed animal too much. I've had him my entire life, and he's my closest link to the family member I loved most. I talk to him, and cuddle him when I'm sad. I don't know what I would do without him.

:love:

LMAO. XD Okay, I was four or five when we got Smokey, and my brother is just three years older than I am, so at least us naming him that is excusable, ahaha.

He was a massive, massive jerk ¬_¬ I think he enjoyed seeing me like that. Not a very nice bloke. When I told him I was leaving him he went to throw a glass in my face O.o

Same!! My ex hugs Teddy and treats him like a little person, tucks him up in bed and everything <3 hehe

Aww, I do the same thing :) Maybe you cant love a stuffed animal too much then :D

Haha yes, you have an excuse! My friend however, does not XD

*Squeeshes him* :wub_anim: It's so nice to see everyone's childhood/adulthood ( :P) toys. So much love in this thread! ^_^

:O!! My step-dad named my black cat Blackie but his name is Plague XD. I always have to refer to him as Blackie though because that's all they know him as. XD I have two fish. David and Pheonix. Moose the dog. Plague the black cat, Lily the calico, Monster the tiger cat, and Muffin the stubby little s*** cat.

He was a massive, massive jerk ¬_¬ I think he enjoyed seeing me like that. Not a very nice bloke. When I told him I was leaving him he went to throw a glass in my face O.o

Same!! My ex hugs Teddy and treats him like a little person, tucks him up in bed and everything <3 hehe

Aww, I do the same thing :) Maybe you cant love a stuffed animal too much then :D

Haha yes, you have an excuse! My friend however, does not XD

Ugh! D: Well, I'm glad you've left him. You are way too awesome to be stuck with someone like that. :(

Aww! :D <3

Yeppers, you definitely can't! ^_^

XD Heh, nope. It's cute anyway though!

i don't have something that i'd run in a burning building for but

1116r0h.jpg

snorlax is named vladis, pikachu and poliwhirl don't have a nickname.

pikachu why are you upside down you are ridiculous.

i also have a bulbasaur named ian and an unnamed eevee and psyduck.

i got these when I was 7 c:

I have a stuffed toy fairy penguin that I would run into a burning building for. Like your three adorable pokemon Khaos (that upside-down pikachu ahhhh >u<), I had her since I was 7 as well! I still bring her everywhere I went (on holidays, etc). My parents probably see this as an unhealthy attachment xD