Petpage code question

Caro

I'm unsure as to where to post this because it's not really graphic-related so here we go. How come the petpage code things don't seem to work anymore?

What I'm talking about is the following:

• #PHOTO is the name of the image to link to for a photo
  • #NAME will display your pet's name
  • #OWNER will display your user name
  • #OWNERLOOKUP will display your user name as a link to your user profile
  • #HOURS will display how many hours old your pet is
  • #LEVEL will display the level of your pet
  • #VISITOR will display the name of your visitor (if they are logged into Neopets)
  • #STRENGTH will display your pet's strength
  • #MOVE will display your pet's speed/movement rate
  • #DEFENCE will display your pet's defence rating
  • #MAX_HP will display your pet's maximum hit points
  • #CURRENT_HP will display your pet's current hit points
  • #INTELLIGENCE will display your pet's IQ
  • #GENDER will display your pet's gender (male/female)

I want to add the #visitor thing to one of my petpages but when I save it just saves as my username instead which is weird. and the pet age one doesn't work at all.

I know it also says

TEXT_AREA will change to TEXTAREA allowing you to use these tags!

but I don't get how to make that work, my html knowledge is fine but this is different I guess... and I hate trying to code things on neopets because of the weird new filter thing makes it more difficult.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

<textarea>Some text</textarea>

This works now, rather than splitting with the underscore. (Changes happened after TNT messed up with their filters some time ago.)

And the other codes, they need to be all uppercase or they won't work.

I am having the same issue apart from the textarea problem as mentioned. Even though I type it in correctly, it is still just saving my username.

For example:

Welcome, #VISITOR!

It should come up customizable, however, something is only letting it show up as Welcome, vampirewithfangs! site-wide.

Could this be just a simple coding error or a neopet coding glitch?

<textarea>Some text</textarea>

This works now, rather than splitting with the underscore. (Changes happened after TNT messed up with their filters some time ago.)

And the other codes, they need to be all uppercase or they won't work.

Ah okay, thanks for that... Yeah I have written the codes in uppercase, and they're still not working.

I am having the same issue apart from the textarea problem as mentioned. Even though I type it in correctly, it is still just saving my username.

For example:

Welcome, #VISITOR!

It should come up customizable, however, something is only letting it show up as Welcome, vampirewithfangs! site-wide.

Could this be just a simple coding error or a neopet coding glitch?

This is my problem, I'm not really sure what's going wrong but I'm assuming it's some kind of error with Neopets' coding? Even after I write #VISITOR and then save it, when I go back the the page with my saved html it writes the_roasted_chicken in that place. Which would be why that appears for everyone who reads the page :/

I've actually seen several people report the #VISITOR issue. I haven't personally tried it but I know a number of people who were formerly using it took it off and said it no longer worked for them.

The #VISITOR issue is because YOU'RE the visitor of your own page. Visit the petpage on a side account and you will probably get your side account's username for #VISITOR.

The #VISITOR issue is because YOU'RE the visitor of your own page. Visit the petpage on a side account and you will probably get your side account's username for #VISITOR.

No, this was happening for other people viewing my petpage, and it was deleting the #VISITOR and rewriting it after I saved the petpage.

And I did try checking with a side when I tried fixing the page. :<

I'm guessing that it no longer works or something, maybe. Which is odd...