Pyramids Addiction

~Xandria

Hi everyone! Well, I just recently figured I'd start adding some trophies to my profile. Yesterday I started playing Pyramids in hopes of getting the gold trohpy. No one told me how difficult this would be!

I have played this game 60 times since then and have only managed to clear the board twice! I did recieve the bronze trohpy for that... but geez. Can't even get silver. (clearing the board five times) for gold I believe you have to clear the board twice in a row, which just seems impossible.

I think I have gotten pretty good at this game, I have a good strategy, so I'm assuming this game is more based on luck than anything else. I've found myself addicted to it though, really cannot quit playing it.

If anyone has any tips to offer, please do offer away.... or if you find yourself in the same predicament as me feel free to rant. HAHA.

Until then I think I'll sip my coffee and play some more Pyramids. :woot:

Yay for a new trophy! Even bronze is exciting. Remember too that there's still an element of luck as to which cards end up where. you may get good placements where you're able to get runs (clear a ton at once), or they may be dealt where you can only play one at a time off the pyramid. All it takes is two lucky games in a row for gold!

Good luck! At least it is a somewhat fun game to play! Ha, I thought I had it once, but I got too excited and somehow messed it up. I'm just too unlucky for these luck based games.

There really isn't much strategy to it (sadly). I tried out a number of suggestions for strategies that didn't get me any better scores but in the end I just kept playing every day. It took about three months of playing to the max NP every day (I can't make myself play if I'm not making money lol) before I finally got gold. Keep it up and you'll get there!

It's definitely very addicting! I've always loved playing many different types of solitaire with normal cards on my living room floor, but it's even better when everything is already set up for you and you can earn neopoints from it. :laughingsmiley:

I don't know if there's any strategy - I've played a lot of games and still only have the silver trophy. The only real "strategy" I use is if I'm stuck choosing between two cards, I click the one that uncovers two new cards rather than one, if possible.

Yeah, there really isn't much strategy to it. Like someone else mentioned, always clear the card that allows you to uncover the most cards first. Also for me, if I have a couple options that are three consecutive odd or even cards (eg. 4, 6, 8 or 9, J, K) I go for the middle one. Because it leaves the most options to eventually clear all for them. Say you have 4, 6 & 8 on the board, and you turn up a 7, I'd clear the 6. I know that wasn't very clear, but I don't know how to explain it well.

I just went for the trophies in Sakhmet Solitaire (which awards trophies in the same manner as Pyramids) and it took me about 300 games to get the gold.

Thanks everyone for your tips. I finally got the silver trophy, eh. I guess that's something. :)

I started playing Pyramids yesterday and ended up getting the gold trophy right after I got the bronze one. I'm not super good at card games and I'd never played before, so it really is all about luck, haha. I'm working on GoGoGo right now, and Sakhmet Solitaire... but apparently I am absolutely awful at solitaire. I've played like 30 games now and haven't won a single one :x

I'm right there with you Dumpty!!! I'm sure we will get there eventually. :) Oh and on the Solitare one, apparently I suck at it too. I've gave up all hope of ever getting the gold trophy for that game. Neopets made the game more difficult than it actually is in real life.

SUCKS.

I started playing Pyramids yesterday and ended up getting the gold trophy right after I got the bronze one. I'm not super good at card games and I'd never played before, so it really is all about luck, haha. I'm working on GoGoGo right now, and Sakhmet Solitaire... but apparently I am absolutely awful at solitaire. I've played like 30 games now and haven't won a single one :x

GoGoGo is so hard! At least I think so. It took me the longest time just to get the bronze trophy, so once I did I quit. Good luck to you though!

GoGoGo is so hard! At least I think so. It took me the longest time just to get the bronze trophy, so once I did I quit. Good luck to you though!

I thought it was pretty hard at first too but then I grew to love it. Once you get the hang of the rules and such it's not too bad. The card games are some of my favorites. I only have the bronze for Pyramids at the moment.

I'm HUGELY addicted to pyramids and cellblock

I seriously think it's impossible to clear the game twice.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I was pretty lucky on this account and managed to get it fairly quickly, on my old main though it took quite a few tries for silver/gold.

You'll get it eventually :) don't worry!

• 3 weeks later...

That's actually really good. ^ I'm still stuck on solitare. I think that's the hardest one for me. I finally got the pyramids gold about a week ago. I have silver for solitare at the moment. I've won 11 games out of like 300 something. :thumbsdown:

If you don't have the pyramids trophy yet, just keep working at it. It's not a huge neopoint maker, but hey. It's a fun and easy game, so if you just do it the max limit everyday you will get it eventually. It took me about a month.

I thought it was pretty hard at first too but then I grew to love it. Once you get the hang of the rules and such it's not too bad. The card games are some of my favorites. I only have the bronze for Pyramids at the moment.

I it is a fun game because there's some actually depth to rules, which I do understand. I just mean it's "hard" because I never seem to beat it. One of the computer players always finish their hand ahead of me!