Windows 8??

Jeran

Uhm...so I have an admiration for operating systems (wouldn't be online without them :laughingsmiley:), my primary two at the moment are Windows Vista and Windows 7.

The upgrade is cheap at the moment, so I am thinking about upgrading my 7 because I really like the improvements and the Start Screen... :ph34r:

I welcome your thoughts. I hope this is an appropriate topic, if not, I apologize in advance.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘General Chat’ to ‘Computers & Programming’.

Windows has a history of making every other OS super glitchy. 3.1x, awesome. 95, glitchy. 98, awesome. ME, glitchy. XP, awesome. Vista, glitchy. 7, awesome. So if they follow the trend, Windows 8 will be glitchy and have serious compatibility issues. Now granted they did fix the issue with 98 and Vista (for the most part) with updated releases, but still. The poor folks who ended up with the first releases were widely dissatisfied.

As for me, I'm sticking with 7 until I'm forced to upgrade. I may reconsider that if/when I get a new laptop with a bigger hard drive and faster processor.

• 8 months later...

I am still using windows 7. I am not like to use windows 8 for my work.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.