Weird Prices - Restocking

The Charismatic Enigma

When you guys see weird prices in NPC shops (weird as in 884, 1264, 1251, etc.), do you automatically go for those over the other items? Yesterday during HPD, I would always scroll to the bottom of the page and try to buy any items that were priced weirdly. Is that a good strategy to take while restocking, or should you just go with the ol' strategy of buying whatever catches your eye?

When you guys see weird prices in NPC shops (weird as in 884, 1264, 1251, etc.), do you automatically go for those over the other items? Yesterday during HPD, I would always scroll to the bottom of the page and try to buy any items that were priced weirdly. Is that a good strategy to take while restocking, or should you just go with the ol' strategy of buying whatever catches your eye?

No, I don't do that. Because then if you go to the magic shop you will be buying a Juicy Elixir. When restocking I usually buy the things that I know are worth more.

No, I don't do that. Because then if you go to the magic shop you will be buying a Juicy Elixir. When restocking I usually buy the things that I know are worth more.

But any Neopian who's been playing for at least a week would know not to buy a Juicy Elixir at that kind of price :P

And I'm not going to sit at my computer, trying to remember which items are good to buy and which or not. I remember a few here and there, but there are WAY too many items to keep track of.

But any Neopian who's been playing for at least a week would know not to buy a Juicy Elixir at that kind of price :P

And I'm not going to sit at my computer, trying to remember which items are good to buy and which or not. I remember a few here and there, but there are WAY too many items to keep track of.

But there are always some items that have a tricky price. Like buying a Slippery Floor Potion for 25k.

It depends what shop you're restocking in. I personally stick to 3 or 4 (so if one runs out, I can move to another) different shops. If you stick to a few shops, you get to know the stock and what things are worth, so you can restock better items.

Rather then just trying for high-profit items, I tend to restock a bunch of smaller profit items. You spend the same amount of time in the shop, but I feel it's more worthwhile. A bunch of smaller profit items is just as good as a high-profit item. And fills my shop :D

It depends what shop you're restocking in. I personally stick to 3 or 4 (so if one runs out, I can move to another) different shops. If you stick to a few shops, you get to know the stock and what things are worth, so you can restock better items.

Rather then just trying for high-profit items, I tend to restock a bunch of smaller profit items. You spend the same amount of time in the shop, but I feel it's more worthwhile. A bunch of smaller profit items is just as good as a high-profit item. And fills my shop :D

I also do low profit, high volume, but sometimes I manage to snag a few high profit item.

--

As for the weird prices thing, I personally don't do that.

Over time, you'll learn the prices of items no matter how many there are (if you're consistent with restocking).

For newer members, they learn off mistakes, right? xD

I honestly just buy the item that barely has any in stock and cost the most. That's how you know it's rare and worth it.

Not always though.

The Exploding Potion goes for ~10k in the main shop and is sold on the SW for very little NPs.